A third choice! Cynthia McKinney in Madison Saturday...

  • Brenda Konkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      I know most people on this list are supporting Obama for President, but if you are interested in a third party candidate, I STRONGLY recommend that you check out Cynthia McKinney . . . she has the BEST social and economic justice issues I've seen of any presidential candidate so far.  I know people are excited about voting for a black person for president . . . here's another option!  And . . . a woman . . . but look beyond all of that Cynthia McKinney runcynthiarun.org and Rosa Clemente http://www.rosaclemente.com/ are talking about so many things that we want for this world.  Their candidacy has gotten lost in the noise and excitement of Obama, but you can see Cynthia at Fighting Bob Fest and at the High Noon Saloon on Saturday.  Even if you're supporting the other guy . . . its worth checking out!
      Brenda

      10:20 - Speaking at Fighting Bob Fest, Sauk County Fairgrounds

      4:30 - The Chocolate Shoppe, 468 State St.
           Come out and vote with Cynthia McKinney in The Chocolate Shoppe's pre-election contest.  Our
           flavor is Raspberry Rhapsody and each order is a vote for the McKinney/Clemente ticket.

      5:30 - High Noon Saloon, 701 E. Washington
           Cynthia McKinney will speak and special guest David Rovics will play some music.  Doors open at
           5:30 with the program to start around 6:00.  Admission is free with a suggested donation of $20.
           If you would like to sponsor this event at any level, please let me know.

      --
      **Please note: I'm in the process of switching to gmail, so you can delete the "yahoo" address and use brendakonkel@... instead. My tenantresourcecenter.org (TRC) and prodane.org (PD) addresses are still best for matters related to those two organizations. And my district2@... address is still best for City business.