Bicycles needed!

  • James Mclay
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008

      Hello all,

      Here at Centro we’re looking for a working bike for one of our clients who is currently without transportation.  This case is particularly urgent because he will need it to arrive at a new job on Monday.  Please contact us if you have a bike available to donate/ lend.

      For future cases like this, we are also interested in starting a bike loan program for this type of scenario.  Madison needs a free transport available for eager workers without other options.  This would allow these kinds of clients to get in to the workforce and move past that difficult first step, as people in this situation are oftentimes unable to pay bus fares much less buy cars!  Again, any ideas or comments you may have are welcome.

      James Mclay

      General Support Coordinator

      Coordinador de Apoyo General

      Centro Hispano of Dane County

      tel (608) 255-3018

      fax (608) 255-2975

      www.chdc.us

    • amiller@mge.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008

        Boys and Girls Club has that Dream Bikes store front on Verona Road they may be able to help you out and give your client a good bike at that.  I would look into that as a solution or option as a resource.

        http://dream-bikes.org/ - here is there link

        Annette Miller
        MGE Community Services Manager
        252-7126 (w)  235-0267 (c) 252-4734 (f)
        ________________________
        PO Box  1231
        Madison WI 53701-1231

        "Want to be greener...visit mge.com to learn how."

        "James Mclay" <james@...>
        Sent by: CommunitiesUnited@yahoogroups.com

        09/03/2008 03:01 PM

        <MadisonLUChA@yahoogroups.com>, <CommunitiesUnited@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        Subject
        [CommunitiesUnited] Bicycles needed!

[...]

      • Edward Lee
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008

          http://dream-bikes.org/

          OR

          Not sure if this is still current…

          Madison’s Red Bike Program (run by Budget Bicycle Center)
          Budget Bicycle Center
          930 Regent Street 251-1663 (about 12 blocks from Monona Terrace)
          Budget Bicycle Center (at their 930 Regent St location) runs the Red Bikes Project. They loan out bikes for a $40 deposit for the bike and a $20 deposit for a lock. The user is responsible for the bike. When it is returned, the deposit is returned. If the key to the lock has been lost, there is a $5 charge.