RE: Red cross blood drive@Fiesta Hispano

  • Peter Munoz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      Red cross blood drive@Fiesta Hispano

      From: PineC@... [mailto:PineC@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 6:12 PM
      To: lasup@yahoogroups.com; CommunitiesUnited@yahoogroups.com; kingcoalition@yahoogroups.com; Coalition-for-an-Inclusive-Dane-County@yahoogroups.com; madisonstudycircles@yahoogroups.com; Peter Munoz ; dante@...; yrnetwork@...
      Cc: JuricS@...; stevermers@...
      Subject: Red cross blood drive@Fiesta Hispano

       PLEASE CIRCULATE:

        Severe weather and flooding devastated many communities throughout the central United States last month, affecting the ability of people to donate blood. The Mid-America Division held several special blood drives and extended hours to make up many of the blood donations, and to ensure we’re prepared with a stable blood supply.

      ·        In addition to donating blood, people can help the victims of the recent disasters by making a financial gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS or visiting redcross.org. Call 1.800.GIVE.LIFE or go online to givebloodgivelife.org to make a blood donation appointment.

      ·         In June, a hospital within our division performed four liver transplants in one morning. The transplants required105 units of fresh frozen plasma, 32 units of platelets and 32 units of red cells. Thanks to generous blood and platelet donors, the right blood products were available at the right time.

      ·         While our division’s blood inventory always declines during the summer months, it is drawing down more quickly than anticipated due to increased need and fewer donations.  All blood types and products continue to be needed for patients, especially platelets and types B negative and O.

      Did you know that over 40% of African Americans and 67% of Latino/Hispanic carry the Universal type O negative and other hard to find types like B negative? One single donation can save up to three lives. Every two seconds someone will need blood. It is important that we pass this info rmation on to our friends our co-workers and family members because you never know who will need that gift of life it could be you..  If you are 16 years of age(with parents permission), and you weigh 110 or more, have a picture ID, and are in good health YOU CAN GIVE THAT GIFT OF LIFE!

      Please support the following blood drives:

      JULY

      New Beginnings Alliance Church

      1st Floor Classroom

      602 Acewood Blvd

      Madison, WI

      Monday, July 14, 2008

      1-6pm

      To schedule appointment please call Terri- 608-288-0797

      For more info rmation call 1-800-givelife

      Fiesta Hispano

      1625 North Port Dr

      Warner Park –Parking lot on the American Red Cross Bus

      Saturday July 26 2008

      12-5pm

      To schedule appointment call 1-800-givelife

      Or Peter Munoz at 608-255-3018.

      Thank you for your support and generosity!

      Adelante Unidos,

      Carmen Pine

      Carmen Pine/Donor Recruitment Representative.

      American Red Cross

      Mid-America Blood Services Division

      2220 Silvernail Rd,Suite 300, Pewaukee , WI 53072

      (262)970-7405 (p)(414)333-1887 (c)

      (262)542-5890 (f) pinec@...