5495YWCA Women of Distinction Awards-Nominate a Woman of Distinction!
- Dec 3, 2013
The YWCA Madison invites you, your organization, your firm, or your association to nominate a woman for the 2014 Women of Distinction Leadership Award. Please consider the criteria listed below and think about the women you know whose work contributions and life exemplify outstanding leadership. Thank you very much for taking the time to be a part of the 40th Annual Women of Distinction Leadership Awards. The YWCA has honored over 195 women since the awards began in 1973. The Women of Distinction Leadership Awards will be presented at the 2014 Moxie Conference on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at The Monona Terrace.
Deadline for Nominations
Submit original nomination packet documentation, five printed copies, and a PDF copy of the materials to the YWCA Madison no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
Women of Distinction Leadership Award Criteria:
The Women of Distinction Leadership Awards are presented to women who . . .
· Exhibit leadership skills in their field of expertise.
· Have been a role model and/or mentor to other women and girls.
· Advocate for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
· Have garnered respect within the community.
· Are dedicated to helping women and girls achieve their goals.
· Exhibit qualities of teamwork, integrity, and dedication.
· Reinforce policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all.
· Give back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources.
· Live, work, or volunteer in Dane County.
Download a nomination form now: PDF version │ fillable Word version. If you would like a paper copy mailed to you, please contact Kristy Lust at 608-257-1436, option 2. To aid you in completing the form, we have prepared a list of frequently-asked questions. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact Kristy.
*Please note that my name has changed and update your address book.
Director of Employment, Diversity and Community Relations
Human Resources Department
Madison Area Technical College
1701 Wright Street, Room AB121
Madison, WI 53704