4167Literacy Network seeks Spanish instructors and Temporary Part-time Receptionist (mornings)
- Sep 1, 2011
To apply for these or other opportunities, visit our webpage.
Spanish Language Instructor
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:19 PM Closes: 9/13/2011 12:00 AM
Salary Range: $17/hour
Spanish Language Instructor Literacy Network seeks a part-time Spanish language instructor to work with parents and staff in area schools. You will provide instruction in Spanish language to educators and parents at the Madison, Verona, Middleton and Marshall Schools, and coordinate Intercambio language exchanges between learners in concurrent Spanish and English classes at the schools.
· Work with staff and partner organizations to maintain positive, productive relationships with school partners
· Plan and implement program-wide instructional strategies
· Manage attendance and progress for all program students
· Track and evaluate student progress
· English & Spanish language fluency
· Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
· Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
· Ability to think strategically and critically
· Proficiency with adult education programs, including both teaching and assessment strategies for Spanish language learners
· Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills
· Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with people and improving their lives
· Demonstrated passion and commitment to community education, and to building connections among learners and the Dane County community
· Secondary instructional certification strongly preferred
Successful applicants will work well in multicultural teams and with diverse constituencies. You must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and able to handle several projects at one time. This position requires good judgment and, ideally, a sense of humor.
Hours: Approximately 6 hours per week, determined by school schedule; may include occasional evening and weekend work.
Salary: $17 (hourly)
To apply, visit our webpage.
Temporary Part-time Receptionist (mornings)
Literacy Network seeks a part-time, bilingual (English/Spanish) receptionist to welcome visitors, provide information about our programs, answer and forward phone calls, and act as office manager weekday mornings in our small office. You will interact with a wide range of culturally diverse visitors and callers, helping to build bridges of understanding and opportunity in our community by empowering adults with a variety of educational options.
· Maintain professional and courteous manner to all visitors, volunteers and staff
· Answer and forward phone calls using a multi-line phone system
· Explain Literacy Network programs and services
· Maintain and order office supplies
· Perform data entry, online research, and other administrative tasks
· Spanish and English language fluency required
· Ability to work independently; self-motivated
· Experience with multiline phone systems
· Ability handle multiple tasks in a professional and courteous manner
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Proven communication and organizational skills
· Commitment to Literacy Network's mission
· Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with a diverse population
· Good judgment and a sense of humor
Hours: 8:30 am-12:00 pm, Monday-Friday, from September 19 to November 7
Wages: $11.00 per hour
To apply, visit our webpage.
About Literacy Network
Literacy Network is a non-profit organization made up of teachers, learners, tutors, volunteers and donors all working together to improve adult literacy in Dane County. Our programs teach reading, writing and speaking skills to adults and families so they can achieve financial independence, good health and greater involvement in community life. All programs are free of charge.
Founded in 1974 as a non-profit organization, Literacy Network has been a United Way Agency since 1979. Literacy Network is also a member of Wisconsin Literacy.
For more information on Literacy Network, please visit: www.litnetwork.org
Jeff Burkhart | Executive Director
Literacy Network of Dane County
1118 S Park St |Madison WI 53715
o: 608.244.3911| f: 608.244.3899
and free Kids' Fun Run with Bucky
Sunday, October 9 at 10:30 am.
Learn more: http://tinyurl.com/litnetrunwalk