      From: maillist@...
      To: prmunoz@...
      Subject: Free Screenings Tonight of "Capitalism" for the Jobless and Homeless in America's Hardest Hit Cities (plus local benefit premieres all across the country)
      Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:48:02 -0400

      Free Screenings Tonight of "Capitalism" for the Jobless and Homeless in America's Hardest Hit Cities (plus local benefit premieres all across the country)
      Thursday, October 1st, 2009
      Friends,
      We're just one day away from the widest opening I've ever had for any of my movies. Tomorrow, Friday, October 2nd, "Capitalism: A Love Story" opens on over a thousand screens across the United States, a record for an independent documentary.
      This follows last weekend's limited opening in New York and L.A. where "Capitalism" set the box office record for the highest per screen average of ANY movie released so far this year. Not just any documentary -- any MOVIE! It was, as the studio said, a good indicator of just how well the movie may do when it goes wide this weekend. I sincerely hope they're right because I believe deeply in this film.
      To kick off the national release of "Capitalism: A Love Story," I've asked the studio to offer a number of screenings in the nation's hardest hit cities -- the ones with the highest unemployment rates and highest foreclosure rates -- where those who've lost their jobs or who are in foreclosure (or have already been evicted) may attend my film free of charge. They've agreed, and so tonight (Thursday), the night before our opening day, ten cities will grant you free admission if you have fallen on hard times. The list of theaters and cities is below. You don't need to bring any "proof" of your situation -- just show up -- it's the honor system, no questions asked.
      Of course, a free movie ain't much when what you really need is a job or a place to live. And that's not going to change until the party that controls both the Congress and the White House wakes up and realizes the American people put them in charge to fix the mess created by the previous administration. For that to happen requires the active involvement of each of us. And, as I show in this movie, it's going to also require us to challenge some fundamental assumptions about an economic system that currently allows the wealthiest ONE PERCENT in this country to have more financial wealth than the bottom 95% combined. That concentration of money and power in the hands of so few people is, I believe, at the core of so many of our problems.
      So, if you're going through tough times and you live in one of the areas below, please be my guest tonight, on the eve of my new film's opening. Seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
      Also, in another five cities tonight, I have made the film available to local groups to hold benefit screenings to raise money for their local organizations -- organizations which are working toward a day when a filmmaker doesn't have to offer free screenings to people who've been put through the wringer. If you live in any of these areas (see below for the list of benefit premieres tonight), please come out and support the good work of these grassroots groups.
      So, until tomorrow, thanks for your support, and I'll see ya at the movies!
      Yours,
      Michael Moore
      MMFlint@...
      MichaelMoore.com
      Twitter.com/MMFlint
      Facebook.com/MMFlint
      MySpace.com/MMFlint
      "CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY" FREE SCREENINGS:
      Las Vegas, Nevada
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:00 p.m.
      Cinemark Orleans
      4600 W Tropicana Blvd.
      Las Vegas, NV 89103
      Phoenix, Arizona
      Thursday, Oct.1st, 7:00 p.m.
      Harkins Christown
      1620 W Monte Bello
      Phoenix, AZ 85015
      Fresno, California
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Edwards Stadium
      250 Paseo Del Centro
      Fresno, CA 93720
      Saginaw, Michigan
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:00 p.m.
      Goodrich Saginaw 8 Theater
      3250 Kabobel Dr.
      Saginaw, MI 48604
      Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Regal North Hills Stadium 14
      4150 Main at North Hills St.
      Raleigh, NC 27609
      Tampa / St. Petersburg, Florida
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Muvico Starlight
      1800 Highwood Preserve Parkway
      Tampa, FL 33647
      Elkhart, Indiana
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:00 p.m.
      Carmike Encore Park 14
      2701 Cassopolis Street
      Elkhart, IN 46514
      Baltimore, Maryland
      Thursday, October 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      The Charles Theatre
      1711 North Charles Street
      Baltimore, MD 21201
      Cleveland, Ohio Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      AMC Westwood Town Center
      21653 Center Ridge Road
      Rocky River, OH 44116
      Peoria, Illinois
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:00PM
      Willow Knolls 14 Theatre
      4100 W Willow Knolls Drive
      Peoria, IL 61615
      "CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY" BENEFIT SCREENINGS:
      Miami, Florida
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Sunrise Intracoastal
      3701 NE 163rd Street
      North Miami Beach, FL 33160
      Benefiting: Take Back the Land
      Madison, Wisconsin
      Thursday, October 1st, 7:00 p.m.
      Sundance Cinemas 608
      430 N. Midvale Blvd.
      Madison, WI 53705
      Benefiting: Madison Association of Worker Cooperatives / Union Cab / Isthmus Engineering
      San Francisco, California
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Embarcadero Center Cinema
      One Embarcadero Center, Promenade
      San Francisco, CA 94111
      Benefiting: US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
      Chicago, Illinois
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 8:00 p.m.
      Kerasotes City North
      2600 N. Western Ave.
      Chicago, IL 60647
      Benefiting: United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America
      Grass Valley, California
      Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:30 p.m.
      Del Oro Theatre
      165 Mill Street
      Grass Valley, CA 95945
      Benefiting: KVMR-FM
      Boulder, Colo. (past screening)
      Tuesday, Sept. 29th, 8:00 p.m.
      Boulder Theater
      2032 14th Street.
      Boulder, CO 80302
      Benefiting: Present Tense Films

      Join Mike's Mailing List | Join Mike's Facebook Group | Follow Mike on Twitter | Become Mike's MySpace Friend

      You are currently subscribed to michaelmoore as: prmunoz@...
      Add maillist@... to your email address book to ensure delivery
      Forward to a Friend  |  Manage Subscription  |   Subscribe  |   Unsubscribe
      Net Atlantic

      Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailĀ®. See how.