1818Volunteer to help people with their housing issues!

  • Brenda Konkel
    Jan 2, 2008
      Are you interested in helping tenants who are having problems with their housing needs?  Do you have 2 - 3 hours per week that you could spend serving the community in need?  If so, please contact Megin McDonell at mmcdonell@... or 257-0143.  For housing counseling questions, please call 257-0006.  We'll train you!

      *************************************************************************************************************
      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  Be a Volunteer Housing Counselor for the Tenant Resource Center!
      After our recent funding cuts, your time is needed now more than ever!!

      TRC is seeking people who are willing to make at least a one year commitment to volunteer on a weekly basis as housing counselors. Learn to help others solve their rental housing related problems! Volunteer housing counselors help staff our housing information line and assist walk-ins with their rental housing questions. Training is provided on the basics of tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities. The typical volunteer commitment is 3 to 5 hours per week, between the hours of 9:00 and 6:00, Monday through Friday.

      Great for retired professionals, law students, social work students, and political science and urban planning students looking for non-profit experience, but ALL are welcome!

      Contact Megin at 608-257-0143 or by e-mail at < mmcdonell@...> for more information or to sign up. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance so that enough materials will be available.

      There are two different options for completing the necessary training.
      Please CHOOSE either "Training Option One" OR "Training Option Two".

      Training Option ONE – Must attend the full day. This single full-day training will complete
      the training requirement.
      SATURDAY, January 5, 9:00—5:00

      Training Option TWO – Must attend three different sessions. CHOOSE ONE option for each
      of three sessions. Select one from session one, plus one from session two, plus one from session
      three to complete the training requirement.
      Session ONE, choose either 􀂁Tuesday Feb. 5, 2—5 OR Wednesday Feb. 6, 2—5
      Session TWO, choose either 􀂁Thursday Feb. 7, 2—5 OR Monday Feb. 11, 2—5
      Session THREE, choose either 􀂁Tuesday Feb. 12, 2—5 OR Wednesday Feb. 13, 2—5

      All sessions are held at the Tenant Resource Center office (in the Social Justice Center Conference Room) at 1202 Williamson Street, Madison. Call 257-0143 for directions.

      --
      **Please note:  I'm in the process of switching to gmail, so you can delete the "yahoo" address and brendakonkel@... instead.  My tenantresourcecenter.org (TRC) and prodane.org (PD) addresses are still best for matters related to those two organizations.  And my district2@... address is still best for City business.