Wanted: Scrap Aluminum and/or aluminum cans

  • wthrangel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      Looking for scrap Aluminum donations.
      I live on Gooch Ln in Madison. With Aluminum going for only about 30 cents a pound (possibly less by now), I am only able to pick up from those living near me (or my gas will cost more than the aluminum is worth.) -And only over a certain weight. I can't drive all the way over for just $1 worth of aluminum. It takes approximately 100 cans to make $1. I'll take some other scrap metals as well if it's worth it. I only have a Honda accord, so I can't haul away old dryers, ac units, or such heavy items as that. I'm also not able to go through huge dis-assembly efforts as I'm just one person, not a scrapper. I am collecting for funds for neutering my cats. If I am lucky and I get enough, great. If I get more, even better. The left over funds would go to a local independent no-kill shelter. So, if you happen to have been collecting for a while and are ready to get rid of it for a good cause, let me know.
      Thanks!