Needed: A job to help provide for family

  • S Tiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hello everyone. I am new to the area and have been beating the streets to find a job (anything) and I have had no such luck. I have several different skills so my options are not limited. I am seeking something in the Decatur area because I dont know much about the areas and afraid to get lost and gas. If you know anyone or anything that might help it would be greatly appreciated. I am also interested in small side jobs like house cleaning or even handy person work. Thank you for reading my post and hope that someone can help.

      Sincerely,
      Sonia
    • Heather Congo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hi Sonia,

        I am the nursery coordinator at my church, St. Stephen's Episcopal church in Huntsville.  I am looking for some Sunday morning nursery workers.  The pay is $10 an hour and you would only be needed for about an hour and a half on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11am.  We could also use nursery help on some Wednesday nights and occasionally other nights of the week when we have church events.  We don't have many small children; at the most, there are 5 at a time.  I'm also looking for more workers, so if you have a family member that would like to work with you, that can be arranged as well.  If they are ages 15-18 they get paid $8.50 an hour.  Over 18 gets paid $10.  Just let me know if you are interested.  Here is the website for our church:   http://www.ststephens-hsv.org/

        The only downfall for you is that it is in Huntsville.  Let me know what you think!  Thanks!

        ~Heather Congo

        Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. --1 Peter 3:15

        Hello everyone. I am new to the area and have been beating the streets to find a job (anything) and I have had no such luck. I have several different skills so my options are not limited. I am seeking something in the Decatur area because I dont know much about the areas and afraid to get lost and gas. If you know anyone or anything that might help it would be greatly appreciated. I am also interested in small side jobs like house cleaning or even handy person work. Thank you for reading my post and hope that someone can help.

        Sincerely,
        Sonia

      • T Rosewell
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hi,

          My daughter is 17 and helps me in our church nursery on some Sunday mornings, but I think she would definitely like to get paid for doing this. She is 18 in December and will have graduated school that month too. She will be staying in Huntsville to go to university. However, I would like her to attend church some weeks too. Please give me a call on 256 417 2636 and I will let her have all the details.

          Many thanks,
          Tina.

          To: MadisonAlabamaAreaCafe@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
            Ms Congo,

                     I would like to say thank you first for offering me this possible position. If I were closer I would have possibly consider this but I at this time I cant afford the drive. I have a family of 5 and my husband will no longer be working so it has been up to me to provide. The lord blessed me to be able to even have a home right now and I have driven my car so much that I just cant afford to keep going as i was. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone to fill these positions as it is always hard to find someone to care for children that you can trust. Again I am sorry for not being able to help. May God bless you in every way! Have a Great Week

            "The task ahead of Me is Never as Great as the Power Behind Me!!"

            Sonia Tiller

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
              Sounds great!  I'll be calling you soon with details.  Thanks!

              To: MadisonAlabamaAreaC afe@yahoogroups. com