Re: House Ghosts

  • estrilde
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2012
      Hi,

      Are you looking for commercial patterns, or those you buy on the web, or you don't mind?

      Are you happy to alter or lengthen a pattern, or do you want to do nothing to it?

      The grey tunic looks similar to the Butterick pirate shirt pattern B5008 0r B4486, but you would have to lengthen the shirt to make it a tunic and take the ruffles off the sleeve cuffs etc.

      Some of the web-based historical pattern companies might have something that is closer to what you had in mind. I've never used them (I adapt commercial patterns for my sewing), so I don't know how good they are.

      Good luck with the hunt!

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Nate" <dreamerboy6@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone! It's been years since I posted! Sorry about that! ^_^; Generally my favorite cosplay is my Gryffindor quidditch uniform, but this year some friends and I want something different for Ascendio. Right now we're trying to find a pattern to create a cool tunic for our project. I'm really liking the grey one on the right:
      >
      > http://www.etsy.com/listing/90749746/mccalls-8827-mens-medival-costume-tunic
      >
      > Does anyone know of any similar patterns they could share? Somehow I think my chances of finding something perfect here are much better than they'd be if I just walk into a fabric store looking for patterns. Thanks!

    • droxyy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2012
        Hee! I am also working on a nearly Headless nick costume for con. I think any tunic can be modified. I plan on using a poet shirt pattern. The tunic is easy, the pants and shoes are a bit more challenging.

        I also have a simplicty "lord of the rings" type papper that would work as well.

        I have a hat I need to cover, that's goingto be a tad more tricky.

        Droxy