Re: OT : Harry Potter - The Exhibition

  • darth_eagle
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 14, 2012
      June Ewing <doctorwhofan02@...> wrote:
      > Where is this one? They had one in Toronto, Canada a couple of years ago and unfortunatly I missed it, but I heard it was really good.

      This June 2 till September 30th, Harry Potter - The Exhibition will be at the ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands Singapore. -_^

      From http://www.marinabaysands.com/Singapore-Museum/Whats-On/#harrypotter

      "Peer into the magical world of Harry Potter and get up-close to hundreds of authentic costumes and props from all 8 Harry Potter films.

      Featuring artifacts in settings inspired by the film sets, go on a journey through the famous wizard's world and be transported to areas of Hogwarts™ such as the Gryffindor™ common room, Hagrid's hut, and the Great Hall. Along the way you can pull a Mandrake from its pot, toss a Quaffle in the Quidditch™ area, and encounter centaurs, Buckbeak™ the Hippogriff and a giant Acromantula spider in the Forbidden Forest.

      On display for the first time in Asia, Harry Potter: The Exhibition features all your favorite costumes and props like Harry's wand and eyeglasses, Hermione's Yule Ball gown, the Golden Snitch™, the Marauder's Map and so much more."

      And news about it : http://www.todayonline.com/Entertainment/EDC120310-0000095/Harry-Potter--The-Exhibition-coming-to-Singapore

      Currently the exhibition is at the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, Australia from Nov 19, 2011 till April 9, 2012

      Fatimah
    • Tiffany Vincent
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2012
        They're in the open. Some of the costumes are further back than others,
        but you can get pretty close. The gallery here gives you a good idea:
        http://harrypotterexhibition.com/Gallery.aspx
        tif

        --
        .
        Curiouser and Curiouser ..:

      • Aalia
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 18, 2012
          Severitus,

          I've uploaded my sketches to a new folder called "
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins/photos/album/725363311/pic/\
          list>
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins/photos/album/725363311/pic/\
          list> HP Exhibit Costume
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins/photos/album/725363311/pic/\
          list> s ".

          I left the folder open for all members to add content. I hope that any
          other members who have gone to the exhibit can contribute to the 'sketch
          pool', as oftentimes sketches give us an insight that hi-res stills and
          publicity shots cannot! :)

          As I mentioned earlier, my sketches are rough but there are some fabric
          notes, approximate measurements, and seam details that may be useful. (I
          only had about an hour-and-a-half at the exhibit...the DH was watching
          the kids...)

          Also, here are 2 threads from the Replica Prop Forum which may be
          useful:
          (I believe this is from our member treborsnikwad...I don't know any
          other Robs who have drafted an Autocad diagram of Snape's wand) :)
          http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f24/ghostsoldiers-snape-build-v-1-pic\
          -intensive-70361/
          <http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f24/ghostsoldiers-snape-build-v-1-pi\
          c-intensive-70361/>

          And here is a general Snape costume thread, with lots of warring over
          black versus blue.
          http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f24/harry-potter-snape-build-hbp-6678\
          1/
          <http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f24/harry-potter-snape-build-hbp-667\
          81/>

          Hope all that helps!
          Aalia:)

          --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "severitus" <severitus@...> wrote:

          > Aalia,
          >
          > Any chance we could persuade you to share your sketches? It's unlikely
          the exhibit will ever come my way, and I am going to be re-making my
          Snape costume this summer. I, for one, would be most grateful to you! :)

          > cheers,
          >
          > ~Severitus
          >
          > --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Aalia" aalia7@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Fatimah,
          > >
          > > I went to the exhibit when it opened here in Chicago. Photography
          was not allowed. However, I took my sketchbook and spent the better part
          of an hour in front of Snape's costume. :) The attendant not only had no
          problem with me, but was chatting quite nicely about how she'd seen
          several seamstresses come through, taking copious notes and sketching
          madly.

          > > No problems with costumes, either. We had a few folks in our group
          in varying degrees of costume.

          > > Enjoy!
          > > Aalia:)
          > >

          > > --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "darth_eagle" <darth_eagle@>
          wrote:

          > > > Has anyone visited the Harry Potter - The Exhibition?
          > > >
          > > > What was the Exhibition Policies for the exhibition when you
          visited it, like do they allow Photography (Anything Goes OR Non-Flash
          Photography) or Sketching, or Fans can visit the Exhibition in costumes?

          > > > FYI, the Harry Potter - The Exhibition will be running in
          Singapore this June 2 to September 30 at the Science Musuem (Marina Bay
          Sands) so IF I can't secure a job there, wonder how as a visitor I can
          bring back infos about the Costumes & Props thru photos and sketching or
          notes taking.
          > > > I usually work as an Exhibition Guide at the Science Centre here
          so am very familiar with several major Exhibitions Policies that might
          involved "No Photography & Videography" for the "protection" of the
          original movie costumes & props (and some times Copyrights Reasons).

          > > > Fatimah

        • annettewiirenet
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 19, 2012
            Just wanted to say thanks for the RPF links! I joined that forum forever ago and forgot I had. The Snape threads are really interesting to read!
            (PS, I'm still looking for a snape commission anyone out there! I've contacted twin rose design and magic-needle creations so far. maybe I will have some luck on rpf!)