Help Needed - Commercial pattern

  • estrilde
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hello,

      This is my first time posting to this list. I really need help. I want to make a HP school robe for my friend for her birthday, and I was wondering which was the best commercial pattern to buy. I need one that is currently available, and preferably one that has the right sleeves as I am *hopeless* at altering sleeve shapes. Does anyone have any recommendations? The only one I have seen is for a McCalls pattern that is no longer available. Drafting my own isn't an option for a variety of reasons.

      Thanks in advance for any help given

      Trilda

      PS I am OK with taking a sleeve from one pattern and a robe body from another, if that helps.

      PS2 The type of robe she wants is from PoA onwards, and as close to the movie version as possible.

      PS3 I am competent with a sewing machine, and have made my own clothes from commercial patterns before, if that helps at all.