Re: Professor McGonagall Garb

  • Rebecca J.
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2011
      I was finally able to upload a reference photo of the robe and underdress I would like to replicate. Its in my folder.

      Thanks for any advice you might have.
      Rebecca Neume
      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "keime" <keime@...> wrote:

      > do you have a picture of the outfit you are trying to replicate?

    • kaithriona
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
        It is very much like the Yule Ball robe, which I have made. However, the shoulder point is more "poofy". In the Yule Ball robe, it's just a pointy flap. Here's how I made the Yule ball robe:

        http://public.fotki.com/kait/other_costuming/professor_mcgonagal-1/

        I used a Vogue pattern that was at the "difficult" level. So I made a muslin (mock up) out of cheap fabric, which now actually looks a lot like the robe you want to make, except the fabric is not right.

        http://public.fotki.com/kait/other_costuming/generic_hogwarts/
      • kaithriona
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
          I was able to find my own copy of your reference photo. I have a much larger resolution one, which I uploaded. It has not yet been approved, but it should be found in the reference photo album
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins/photos/album/2047601529/pic/list

          In this photo, her over robe appears to be dark green, which would make sense.
        • keime
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
            WOW. you did a super fabulous job. you look great!

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2011
              Your robes are just exquisite! You did a truly incredible job on those. And all that pin tucking! I don't think I could replicate those. And thank you, the pattern suggestions and pictures of your robe will be very helpful. You did a great job figuring out those pointy sleeves and collar. I get the idea of them now at least. :) I might end up having some questions when I finally get around to making the robes.

              And also thanks for uploading a better reference photo of her outfit as well.

              Rebecca Neume