PoA Hogwarts School Vest

  • Miranda
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
      I have found a pattern on how to knit the school vest. It's for the CoS style but I'm sure I can change it to PoA style.

      My question is: What colour are the vests/sweaters for the PoA style?

      It's definitely darker than the CoS style. If it is black, though, how would the Hufflepuff trim work then? (The colours being black and yellow.)

      Any help would be much appreciated.
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
        It's not black, just a dark charcoal gray. (:
        see this picture for reference:
        http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100125073749/harrypotter/images/b/be/2005_harry_potter_and_the_goblet_of_fire_007.jpg

        -Brian

        ________________________________

      • sevensickles@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
          It is a dark gray vs a lighter gray from the first two movies.

          Dianne
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
            You can find a pattern for the School Vest in the knitting section on Leaky Crafts: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/knitting (scroll down to the bottom).

            As mentioned by someone else, they are darker grey than the PS-SS/CoS Style, and the stripes can be found only on the bottom of the vest (near the ribbing), rather than both at the neckline and at the bottom.

            Here are some reference shots:
            PoA Sweaters: http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/7833
            PS-SS/CoS Sweaters: http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/8580

            If you feel like it, you can also submit your finished piece in the knitting vs crochet war that's currently going on at Leaky! For more info, go to http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/craftalong/novdec2010

            Hope that helps!

            Josée
            -xxx-

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
              OKay thank you! That's what I was thinking it was but I really needed a second opinion. :)