Slytherin Cosplayers - A Study in Fandom

  • Steph
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hello list! I'm Sage Darkwoods, and a cosplayer for a long time. I've got an album somewhere on here of me in my Prof. McGonagall robes. I'm writing an essay on the rehumanization of the Slytherins through fandom, and am looking to some of you for help. I'm looking for insights from the costuming community, in particular those who choose to dress as Slytherins.

      A few questions to get you started:

      Do you dress in Slytherin colours (robes, patches, scarves, accessories, etc.) to show support?

      If you costume, do you dress as a random Slytherin house character, or do you dress as someone from canon? If from canon, who is it and why?

      Why do you choose to dress as a Slytherin character?

      Thanks for your time. The full abstract of the paper is here: http://sagedarkwoods.livejournal.com/5837.html If you can help out, please contact me either on this list, at my livejournal, or by email. Thank you again.
    • ngreschenko@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hi! I'm new to the list, but I cosplay Narcissa Black-Malfoy. I also read and write fanfiction featuring Slytherin men as protaganists. I'd be happy to participate!

        RhiannonoftheMoon