Fabric and color of Hufflepuff

  • donnamoma
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
      Hey ya'll
      I'm wondering if anyone has made Hufflepuff robes. I'm trying to make
      one that has the same color and fabric lining as Cedric wore in Goblet.
      I've looked everywhere but can't find that color or texture!
      Suggestions?
      Thanks!
    • darth_eagle
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
        "donnamoma" <donnamoma@...> wrote:
        > I'm wondering if anyone has made Hufflepuff robes. I'm trying to
        make
        > one that has the same color and fabric lining as Cedric wore in
        Goblet.
        > I've looked everywhere but can't find that color or texture!
        > Suggestions?

        Well, I am suppose to make it soon (already made one for a friend)
        but already got most of the fabrics needed at hand.

        Anyhow for me, since my printer can print almost close to the color
        tone I see on my computer screen, what I did was print out a Hi-Res
        Photo of Cedric in his School Robe. Brought it and the Patch to my
        local cloths shop and try to find a nice Mustard-like color that is
        to me liking and may even turn "yellow" under Flash Photography.

        If your printer is not able to do it, can try bringing along the Hi-
        Res photo to a Photo Shop that can do "instant" digital print (here
        in Singapore, it's only SGD0.50/photo).

        As for the texture, it can either be a Cotton Blend or some Wool
        Blend.
        The Slytherin Robe Lining Swatch I gotten (from PoA) seems to be
        like some Wool Blend o__O BUT the Gryffindor Swatch I gotten seems
        to look like a Cotton Blend.

        For me, I choose to use Peachskin as going more for the color (used
        my Wizardties Slytherin & Gryffindor ones to match to the lining),
        thickness/thiness and texture.

        Fatimah