Whimsic Alley!

  • Piia Lempiäinen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
      Hello all!

      I have a question concerning the notorious Whimsic Alley. Has some of
      you ordered from them recently? How did it go? My friend just placed
      an order for them about a week ago, and she hasn't heard anything from
      them yet. Not a confirmation email or anything. I ordered from Whimsic
      Alley a year ago, just at the time of the pre DH rush. I had the same
      problem as my frind now, but eventually I got my order even though
      they never answered my emails. I just feel that by now they should
      have gotten their system in order again.

      -Piia
    • Amanda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
        I bought from them and got a confirmation email right away, but it
        never shipped and they were impossible to get a hold of! (I tried
        email, phone and even letter.) So after about 10 months of chasing them
        around I filed a dispute through my credit card, and THEN they called
        me, and I finally cancelled the order and got all my money back. Lesson
        learned, and since then I've only dealt with Alivan's and had a great
        experience. Good Luck!

        ~Amanda
      • Rach W
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
          On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Piia Lempiäinen wrote:

          > I have a question concerning the notorious Whimsic Alley. Has some of
          > you ordered from them recently? How did it go?

          I placed an order with them during their after-Easter sale this past
          spring & had no problems. In fact the extras they included in the
          Basket were great & they fulfilled a special request I had with the
          order.

          But I haven't done an order recently. And I didn't keep my emails from
          them, so I don't remember what the confirmation process/time was.

          Rach

        • darth_eagle
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2008
            Piia Lempiäinen <aure_@...> wrote:
            > Has some of you ordered from them recently? How did it go?

            I ordered from them earlier this year or end of last year.

            Received the "verification" e-mail after completing and submitting my
            order but didn't receive the e-mail saying how much extra I have to
            pay for shipping (I live in Singapore). Waited a week, then e-mails
            to all the address I had received e-mail from them before and finally
            one got thru, quoting their International Shipping
            Calculator/Weighing Machine was spoil so can't process my order yet.

            Anyhow, in the end gotten my Sweaters safely and am happy with it
            tho' will prefer them to improve on the customer service and reply to
            my e-mails which doesn't concerned the completed purchase (aka e-mail
            saying I had received the item or possible cost of shipping to me in
            Singapore etc).

            Anyhow, they're the "cheapest" around for Sweaters and Cardigan, and
            the thickness of them suited my need here in Singapore (It's warm/hot
            most of the time) so I still stick with them as long as my orders had
            been fulfilled.

            Anyhow, is it just me or most orders that they didn't fulfilled tend
            to be "local" aka by those living in North America?

            Fatimah