Intro

  • James Hinsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007
      Hi all
      I just joined since I recently decided to make a Snape costume. I've
      been doing my online research, read the archived messages and checked
      out various sites where others have made their own Snape costume.

      I am thinking of using a black moleskin suede for the coat and pants.
      What do you think? I have a suit jacket made of the same and I like
      the color and feel of the fabric. The robes I could probably use silk
      like Yvette's robes. She has a great webpage on her construction of
      her Snape outfit. I saw in the archives someone had ordered a wig for
      the hair... did they have it cut and styled to look like Snape's?

      My sewing skills are adequate. I've made a spacesuit and a Wolverine
      (movie version) costume before.

      If anyone has ideas or suggestions I'd appreciate any feedback.

      James
    • bonmothma
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
        You would do best to find a wig as close as possible to Snape's
        rather then trying to cut something to work. I haven't researched
        this wig, but www.wilshirewigs.com is a great place to start.

        Namarie,
        Bonnie Half-Elven

        'Even the smallest person can change the course of the future,' -
        Galadriel

        --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "James Hinsey" <SamuraiX47@...>