Re: Robe Choice Help!

  • darth_eagle
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      "c_a1008" <c_a1008@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I'm pretty new here. I want to get a student robe but can't
      decide
      > whether to order it from Black Cat Robes or Whimsic Alley. I have
      > heard that Whimsic Alley robes are very good but I have also heard a
      > lot of complaints about them not shipping orders. Black Cat Robes,
      on
      > the other hand, I haven't heard much at all.
      > What do you guys think? Which one should I get?

      Are you in a hurry to get the Robe?

      Cause if not, I say wait for awhile first till the Harry Potter Fever
      is down again (soon, very soon in a week or 2 -__^ ). This will allow
      those shops to settle their current orders so can put their full
      attention to your order.

      Anyhow, I'm not sure about Black Cat Robe but I know Whimsic Alley one
      is of standard sizes. So if you are short or too thin or plus size,
      there might be an issue about sizing.

      Personally, I prefer customized size but that's because I'm short and
      plus size, and want to control the quality of my costumes. :-P

      Fatimah
    • Rach W
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        >From: darth_eagle <darth_eagle@...>
        > but I know Whimsic Alley one
        >is of standard sizes. So if you are short or too thin or plus size,
        >there might be an issue about sizing.

        I've got a couple of their Adult Large robes. The size chart says 56 inch chest. One's a little tighter than that & one's right on that mark. Depends where the frog was sewn on. (higher allows more chest room) But if you don't need to close them they will fit larger sizes.

        But I see that they're out of many sizes right now - so that might be adding to the delay.

        Rach