Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: new costume suggestions please

Expand Messages
  • Jennifer
    well, yes that s true, but I d have more fun if I see my character in the movie that s all. Depending upon what comes up in the next few months, I may just
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      well, yes that's true, but I'd have more fun if I see my character in
      the movie that's all. Depending upon what comes up in the next few
      months, I may just stay with her.
      thanks

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, goslingsawagreen@... wrote:
      >
      > Go as you want to be Just becuase Madam Hooch isnt in the novels as
      much
      > doesnt mean she isnt there
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • Jennifer
      Narcissa s good. They don t really describe her though do they? I ll add that to possibilities. Designing the robes she d wear might be a challenge, but fun.
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Narcissa's good. They don't really describe her though do they? I'll
        add that to possibilities. Designing the robes she'd wear might be a
        challenge, but fun.

        thanks!


        --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, Naresha
        <north_shore_fruitcake@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I have blond hair and could be Luna, but there
        > > will be a lot of those. You guys are creative >
        > and my problem is coming up with ideas.
        >
        >
        > What about a Narcissa???
        >
        > Naresha
        >
        > Send instant messages to your online friends
        http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
        >
      • darth_eagle
        ... Well, you can t go wrong with a random student if you still can look like a teenager. -__^ Or just pick up a name from the book or movies that fit the
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          "Jennifer" <android18_jen@...> wrote:
          > I am trying to figure out which character I should be
          > for the rest of the movies and book release.

          Well, you can't go wrong with a random student if you still can look
          like a teenager. -__^ Or just pick up a name from the book or movies
          that fit the house you want to be in.

          Guess you can go for the PoA/GoF/OotP Version of their School
          Uniform since there doesn't seems (and hopefully won't) to be any
          changes in the uniforms like between SS/CoS and PoA onwards.

          I know some people here in my country made a fuss about me not
          wanting to be any of the characters mentioned in the books or movie
          but I always say to them, go to hell with it! \/^__^ I choose to do
          Harry Potter Costuming and at least I took the effort to try to make
          my Harry Potter Costumes as close to the original as I'm (and my
          wallet) is capable of.

          That's what I love about Costuming, you can be "that character in
          the corner of X scene behind Y character, seen for a split of a
          second". -__^


          > I made a Madame Hooch costume and have all the materials for a
          > Gryffindor Quidditch costume,
          > but it doesn't seem either of those characters would be in any
          > more of the movies.

          Actually, if you like the costume, them being not in the next few
          movies shouldn't be an issue about not able to wear it. Unless of
          course you get to wear them to the next event or conventions. -__^

          BTW, is your Quidditch Costume a SS/CoS one or PoA one? Cause if
          it's the later, there might be a chance it might be seen in the
          movie. Who knows. -__^

          Good luck! ^__^

          Fatimah
        • Zelda Zunk
          I m trying to get a bit of inspiration from Mugglenet.com. I m looking for a new costume as well. I think that I ll try to do Bellatrix if I can get some good
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            I'm trying to get a bit of inspiration from Mugglenet.com. I'm
            looking for a new costume as well. I think that I'll try to do
            Bellatrix if I can get some good fotos.

            http://www.mugglenet.com/infosection/characters/index.shtml

            Zelda Zunk
            Corsets & Capes

            --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <android18_jen@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > Narcissa's good. They don't really describe her though do they?
            I'll
            > add that to possibilities. Designing the robes she'd wear might be
            a
            > challenge, but fun.
            >
            > thanks!
            >
            >
            > --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, Naresha
            > <north_shore_fruitcake@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I have blond hair and could be Luna, but there
            > > > will be a lot of those. You guys are creative >
            > > and my problem is coming up with ideas.
            > >
            > >
            > > What about a Narcissa???
            > >
            > > Naresha
            > >
            > > Send instant messages to your online friends
            > http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
            > >
            >
          • Naresha
            ... might be a challenge, but fun. I don t know about descriptions of her, but a lack of them gives you some freedom in design! Everyone knows what STYLE of
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              --- Jennifer <android18_jen@...> wrote:
              > Narcissa's good. They don't really describe her
              > though do they? I'll add that to
              > possibilities. Designing the robes she'd wear >
              might be a challenge, but fun.

              I don't know about descriptions of her, but a
              lack of them gives you some freedom in design!

              Everyone knows what STYLE of family the Malfoy's
              are - rich, snooty and elitist - so you'd
              probably be best off in doing something that
              appears elegant, luxurious and very, very costly!
              LOL.

              I suggest going with white blonde hair... Not a
              clue if she has it or not, but the Malfoys -
              well the male ones - are very distinct with their
              white blonde hair and it might help people make
              the connection.

              I think Narcissa would be fun to create - sort of
              a generic, upper class witch! :-P And you could
              probably use her things again as parts of mix and
              match costumes!

              Resha

              ~To forgive calls upon our love, to forget calls upon our strength~

              AIM: Naresha21 MSN: candyman_gypsy@... Yahoo: fruitcake5m1
              Personal LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/nareshaninya/
              Writing LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/writingsofresha/

              My Website! http://theinnermuse.freespaces.com

              http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Resha

              Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
            • darth_eagle
              ... Some more insight into her costume here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ek-4IUibU LOL! From the clip, she s one hell a crazy woman. -__^ And BTW, Luna
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                "Zelda Zunk" <zeldazamboni@...> wrote:
                > I'm trying to get a bit of inspiration from Mugglenet.com. I'm
                > looking for a new costume as well. I think that I'll try to do
                > Bellatrix if I can get some good fotos.
                >
                > http://www.mugglenet.com/infosection/characters/index.shtml

                Some more insight into her costume here:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ek-4IUibU

                LOL! From the clip, she's one hell a crazy woman. -__^

                And BTW, Luna wear all 3 versions of the sweater:
                -Sweater
                -Cardigan
                -Sleeveless Sweater

                So those doing her got more choices for what goes above the Shirt. -
                __^

                Fatimah
              • Zelda Zunk
                Yes, thank you. I was so surprised when I saw the clip during the minin marathon last weekend. I do enjoy Helen so I m excited to see her. Zelda Zunk
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  Yes, thank you. I was so surprised when I saw the clip during the minin marathon
                  last weekend. I do enjoy Helen so I'm excited to see her.

                  Zelda Zunk
                  Corsets & Capes

                  --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "darth_eagle" <darth_eagle@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > "Zelda Zunk" <zeldazamboni@> wrote:
                  > > I'm trying to get a bit of inspiration from Mugglenet.com. I'm
                  > > looking for a new costume as well. I think that I'll try to do
                  > > Bellatrix if I can get some good fotos.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.mugglenet.com/infosection/characters/index.shtml
                  >
                  > Some more insight into her costume here:
                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ek-4IUibU
                  >
                  > LOL! From the clip, she's one hell a crazy woman. -__^
                  >
                  > And BTW, Luna wear all 3 versions of the sweater:
                  > -Sweater
                  > -Cardigan
                  > -Sleeveless Sweater
                  >
                  > So those doing her got more choices for what goes above the Shirt. -
                  > __^
                  >
                  > Fatimah
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.