Re: So It's Now CANON For Gal To Wear Pants? :-P

  • minniesfarm
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 30, 2006
      In the books (canon) whilst a student Snape is flipped upside down by
      James Potter. Snape's raggedy drawers are exposed.

      So it seems no one wore the pants......

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "darth_eagle" <darth_eagle@...>
      wrote:

      > "Jennifer" <android18_jen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I photoshoped it and it looks like Hermione has the same as Cho.
      > Luna's
      > > full front skirt is showing and the pleats and everything look the
      > same
      > > as both Cho and Hermione. Don't know about the twins tho.
      >
      > There is no Pleat at the side like Cho, Luna and Hermione so I'm
      > assuming the Twins are wearing the A-Line Center Pleated Skirt, said
      > to be worn by "older" students in an interview for PoA I think. They
      > are also wearing a different kind of shoes.
      >
      > Btw, hard to see this A-Line Skirt in action in the movie too as those
      > wearing it are probably the background actresses. I thot I did see one
      > girl wearing it in GoF (standing on a bench when somebody[?] was
      > putting their name into the Goblet of Fire) when I watch GoF on IMAX
      > (or rather IMAX version shown on OMNI MAX o__O )
      >
      > Fatimah

    • Linda Osborne Holland
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2006
        See now, that's just irritating. I honestly thought it was a flattened hood, like what is on a kinsale cloak. I even used the hood pattern for one and just pleated it where it attached to the robe. Oh well. I'm not making another student robe anyway. I'm looking for just the right fabric to make Pr. M's robes for me.

        darth_eagle <darth_eagle@...> wrote: "Nottellin" <seeme1995@...> wrote:
        > I just finished my daughter's Hermione costume based on the SS
        > robes. Did I make a mistake in putting a rounded hood on the back?

        Unfortunately Yes, you made a mistake if going for the SS/CoS
        Version of the School Robe. =__=

        > I looked closely at the robes (I thought), especially the Flying
        > Lesson scene where Neville breaks his arm. There are some really
        > good shots of the backs of the robes. You can see the pleating for
        > the back to the yoke. It looked like those were hoods, box pleated
        > at the front to lay in folds. Anyone?

        Nope. If you look closely at the movie and pictures, can see that
        it's a Rounded Collar, attached to the body of the Robe with 3
        Pleats. The gather at the back making it look like a very Shallow
        Hood is due to the size and shape of that collar and the pleats in
        the front. Just think of some Graduation Robe Collar. -__^

        The best photo to see this is this one when Harry is hung upside
        down by the troll:
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/idrial/Harry_Potter/References
        /ss392.jpg
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=39088&fullsize=1
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=39086&fullsize=1

        Can see the back of Ron's Robe here too from SS:
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=38557&fullsize=1
        (Too Shallow to be consider as a hood)

        In these photo tho' not too clear, see how "flat" the collar is?
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=38656&fullsize=1
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=39007&fullsize=1

        Side view of the collar:
        http://mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=38647&fullsize=1

        But it's okay. -__^ Only those who know the truth will be anal about
        it being a collar rather than a hood. Most people I see in person or
        online did it as a Hood too, some squarish hood. And you can always
        fix it another time. -__^

        Even the Official Costumes (especially Japan's COSPA) made the
        mistake of putting a Hood rather than a Collar.

        Fatimah

        --Linda