Re: Student Sweaters

  • Sherry
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2005
      It's quite easy! What you're describing is Duplicate Stitch--using
      needle and floss or yarn to add details that look like knit stitches.
      Here's one page I found that gives diagrams on how to do it:
      http://www.northtipton.com/embellis.htm

      I'm sure other members of the group can explain duplicate stitch or
      point you toward good instructions, too. Any book or booklet on basic
      knitting in your local library should, as well.

      Sherry

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Robin" <otengoku@y...> wrote:
      > Could someone tell me how difficult it will be to add floss to make
      > the stripes? I've never knitted or embroydered in my life. I just
      > ordered a sweater...and don't really want to ruin it by messing
      > around. If it's fairly easy, I'll give it a go...
      >
      > thanks! :)
      > Robin
    • Robin
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
        Thank you SO much! This looks absolutely doable! I just got the
        sweater I ordered yesterday... sadly, it was from a uniform shop that
        said it was "grey" well, it's grey, very light smokey grey, not
        charcoal at all. :( so I'm hunting again. I know I'm doing more
        than I need to...my son would wear a sweatshirt and his robe and be
        happy...lol...Im obsessed!

        thank you, thank you! I know I can do that!
        Robin