The WB Shop on The Leaky Forum

  • Kitkat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hi! I've been lurking around here for several months as I put
      together my Slytherin POA robes. First off, thank you! I went
      through the archives and found many helpful hints. I'm all set for
      the premiere and the book launch!

      I'm not sure how many people here visit The Leaky Cauldron. For
      those who don't, the site has a new forum - with one room moderated
      by the woman who runs the WB HP store. It's a great chance to
      suggest product ideas and there have been 11 pages worth of posts
      since the room opened earlier today. The main site is http://www.the-
      leaky-cauldron.org/ and the link to the forum is on the left side of
      the page.

      I asked that they consider putting out official, authentic costume
      patterns in adult and child sizes. If anyone else would like to see
      this happen or has other costuming-related suggestions, please stop
      by and post in the forum. The more of us that ask for this sort of
      thing the better chance there is that Warner Bros. may listen.

      Thanks,
      kitkat
    • Tiffany
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 8:18 AM
        Thanks so much for letting us know about this! This is so great! I
        read through all the posts, and it sounds like a lot of folks are
        begging and pleading for more authentic-looking merchandise, as well
        as more things for adults...sans logos and cartoonish imagery.
        They've also got some really great ideas, and some things that us
        crafty people could do for ourselves, even if WB doesn't take them
        on.

        It looks like a lot of folks seem to have the same ideas and are
        repeating them (Quidditch shirts, hoodies, etc.), which may or may
        not help in having those products made (probably will help), but I
        also think the more voices they hear from "adult fans" the more that
        point will be made. I tried to post but for some reason it says I
        can't...but I'm not giving up, hehe.

        Here's hoping WB is finally going to listen to fandom and not
        stuffed-shirt marketing folks!! ;) (Yeah, yeah, I
        know...stereotyping. But my degree is in advertising, so I can call
        names. ;) )

        Tiffany
      • darth_eagle
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 10:35 AM
          Oooooo! Thanks for the lead! ^__^ Am checking it out now.

          Fatimah