Re: POA Screen Shots

  • southsiderpgh
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hoo boy, nothing like a good laugh at myself first thing in the
      morning!! Thanks for bearing with me :)

      As an aside, I haven't looked at the special features on the COS DVD
      yet, but I do have several pictures of Molly's sweater with the bell-
      sleeves, and to my admittedly inexperienced eyes, it looks like the
      sleeves are attached to a pink cardigan underneath the housecoat.

      Happy New Year All!!!

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "quidditchhg7"
      <quidditchhg7@a...> wrote:

      > Oh! That was my post on the HPknit yahoo group.
    • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2005
        >I haven't looked at the special features on the COS DVD
        >yet, but I do have several pictures of Molly's sweater with the bell-
        >sleeves,

        Are they all screen shots, or have you gotten them from another place (in
        which case I'd like to see them)?

        >and to my admittedly inexperienced eyes, it looks like the
        >sleeves are attached to a pink cardigan underneath the housecoat.

        The whole outfit is attached together - the yellow bit at the neck under
        the knitted pink sweater with the crocheted bell sleeves attached to it,
        and the housecoat over everything. The costume designer handles the outfit
        a little in one part of the special features section (Behind Hogwards,
        Dumbledor's Office, Build a Scene), saying that Molly probably crocheted
        and knitted all of these garments herself.

        I personally think the Weasley parents were the Wizard equivalent of
        Hippies in the 1960s. The Weasley home is decorated like the homes of many
        Ex-Hippie friends of mine living in Berkeley, California, today.

        CarolynKayta Barrows
        doll maker, fibre artist, textillian
        www.FunStuft.com

        O 0 O 0 O
        /|\ /|\ /|\ /|\ /|\
        / \ |\ / \ /| / \
        /___\ _|/ /___\ \|_ /___\
      • southsiderpgh
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
          --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Kayta Barrows
          <Kayta@F...> wrote:

          > >I haven't looked at the special features on the COS DVD
          > >yet, but I do have several pictures of Molly's sweater with the
          bell-
          > >sleeves,
          >
          > Are they all screen shots, or have you gotten them from another
          place (in
          > which case I'd like to see them)?

          The pics I have are just screen shots. I meant to watch the extra
          features but got sidetracked with a new beading project & teaching
          myself to crochet [not to mention the holiday weekend champagne;)!!]

          > I personally think the Weasley parents were the Wizard equivalent
          of
          > Hippies in the 1960s. The Weasley home is decorated like the
          homes of many
          > Ex-Hippie friends of mine living in Berkeley, California, today.

          I have to agree with you on that one, probably why they appeal to
          me...

          I've got my mother-in-law's crochet group in the loop trying to come
          up with directions for the, ahem, sweater [since that's what I'd
          like to make]--I'll keep you posted on what they come up with...

          Cheers!

          Southsiderpgh
        • southsiderpgh
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
            <quidditchhg7@a...> wrote:

            > Here's some screencaps of Mrs. Weasley's crochet couture :) :
            > http://photobucket.com/albums/v298/bettencourt/hpcos/?start=420
            > Please rememeber to credit the person for the screencaps if you
            take
            > them :) .

            Thanks so much for the screencaps--I'm only planning on showing them
            to my mother-in-law & her crochet group in order to come up with
            instructions for the "sweater"...

            :)

            Southsiderpgh
          • Carolyn Kayta Barrows
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
              >I've got my mother-in-law's crochet group in the loop trying to come
              >up with directions for the, ahem, sweater [since that's what I'd
              >like to make]--I'll keep you posted on what they come up with...

              If any of them ever figure out how to do the brown sweater she wears to
              Diagon Alley, I'd really like the instructions on that, or even a few
              well-placed hints on technique.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                Your welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished sweater!
                Also, somebody loaded some great closeups of the sleeves in the files
                section here:

                Happy crocheting,
                quidditchhg7

                --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "southsiderpgh" <heathert@e...>