Re: PoA Sweater All Done!

  • Katie Klemp
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
      Diana-

      Great! I need to order at least one, maybe even three! Please let
      me know when you're ready to start taking orders. Did you post the
      pic yet? And if so, where is it posted?

      Thanks,
      Katie

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Di" <khyberpass47@y...> wrote:
      > It's been a mighty frustrating week. A little more grey hair!
      > Never, but never in the past umpteen years have I had this much
      > trouble getting yarn from my distributors.
      >
      > Repeated shipments of the wrong yarn left me with no alternative
      but
      > to knit up a PoA sweater using a dull black yarn. Does not look
      bad
      > at all and for all we know, the sweater may be black after all.
      >
      > Anyway...this sample is more to illustrate what the sweater would
      > look like constuction wise than for total color accuracy.
      > The sweater should be totaly assembled in the next couple hours.
      > I'll post a pic asap.
      > Diana
    • Khyberpass
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
        Hi Katie,

        I've posted a "sample" PoA sweater knit in a black acrylic yarn on the school sweater page at Hobbie's House. The construction will be the same in the dark charcoal wool.
        Trim colors are maroon and old gold [same as in my PoA scarf] even though the colors appear brighter in the photo. Other colors are dark green/pewter and old gold/black. My blue yarn is back ordered till mid-April but I hope to find some elsewhere today until the main shipment comes in.
        I still need to determine a final price for the wool version...but as indicated, it will remain within the same ball park as the acrylic.
        Hope to start taking orders by this weekend.
        Thanks,
        Diana

        Katie Klemp <katieklemp@...> wrote:
        Diana-

        Great! I need to order at least one, maybe even three! Please let
        me know when you're ready to start taking orders. Did you post the
        pic yet? And if so, where is it posted?

        Thanks,
        Katie

        --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "Di" <khyberpass47@y...> wrote:
        > It's been a mighty frustrating week. A little more grey hair!
        > Never, but never in the past umpteen years have I had this much
        > trouble getting yarn from my distributors.
        >
        > Repeated shipments of the wrong yarn left me with no alternative
        but
        > to knit up a PoA sweater using a dull black yarn. Does not look
        bad
        > at all and for all we know, the sweater may be black after all.
        >
        > Anyway...this sample is more to illustrate what the sweater would
        > look like constuction wise than for total color accuracy.
        > The sweater should be totaly assembled in the next couple hours.
        > I'll post a pic asap.
        > Diana

      • Katie Klemp
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
          Oh, Diana, it's perfect! I love it! Now, I have at least three
          other friends who are also looking (not sure what their houses will
          be yet). Am I understanding the site correctly that you only have
          Gryffindor and Slytherin sweaters available right now? Just
          clarifying. I know you said you're still looking for blue.

          Also, do you still make them in the vest style? I just want to
          cover all my bases before I get back to my friends.

          Thanks so much,
          Katie

          --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, Khyberpass <khyberpass47@y...>