Re: Skirt

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
      I got a knifepleated skirt from frankbee. It was $31.00. Be careful
      with the sizes- they don't run like normal adult sizes. To be sure I
      sent them my measurements and they sent me a skirt that fit. I needed
      to hem it up though.
      -Karen

      --- In MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com, "hurleygurley1991"
      <tatertot717@a...> wrote:
      > Where are some online stores where you can get the skirt?
      > (same color same pleated style)
      > And I was just browsing through past posts and some person said that
      > there was some company that produced the uniforms for the movie. I
      > went to that website but there are NO pictures on that site. I also
      > kept thinking that would they sell it to one person for the skirt
      > and that's it?
      > Thanxs a bunch
      > HuRlEyGuRlEy1991
    • lauren kent
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
        In terms of skirt sizing, I'd like to second what Karen said. I went to
        Frank Bee's actual store and had them measure me to come up with anything
        that was even close to fitting. I wound up with the kilt instead of the
        knife-pleated skirt because, erm, it's a lot more flattering on people who
        aren't Emma Watson's size. ;) Their skirts are about the right color,
        though, so if you're up for wrestling with sizing issues, it's definitely
        worth it.

        Lauren

        ---
        http://atypically.net

        the lives of some people are one long apology. mine was, once, but not
        now. i go through the world unexplained.
        [stephen crane]
      • eclispe
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
          Hi, I'm new! *waves*

          I was thinking of ordering a skirt from the Frank Bee website and was wondering if you (or anyone else who has bought one) knew what color you ended up with, as there's several different grays. Thanks!

          eclipse

          lauren kent <lauren@...> wrote:
          In terms of skirt sizing, I'd like to second what Karen said. I went to
          Frank Bee's actual store and had them measure me to come up with anything
          that was even close to fitting. I wound up with the kilt instead of the
          knife-pleated skirt because, erm, it's a lot more flattering on people who
          aren't Emma Watson's size. ;) Their skirts are about the right color,
          though, so if you're up for wrestling with sizing issues, it's definitely
          worth it.

          Lauren

          ---
          http://atypically.net

          the lives of some people are one long apology. mine was, once, but not
          now. i go through the world unexplained.
          [stephen crane]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Emily Finke
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
            Which color would you recommend from frankbee? My monitor is a bit nutty, so
            I'm not seeing true colors.

            -Emily, who needs to give in and just have someone make her a skirt.

            http://www.alias-grace.com
            "Pizza wants to be free. Concentrate on liberating pizza from evil
            pizzerias. Information, on the other hand, really hates being free, and is
            never happier than when manacled to a wall, like Kirk and Spock in some
            piece of late 70s bondage-oriented slash fiction."
            -Neil Gaiman

            >From: "Chris @*_*@" <chrissiek@...>
            >To: MadameMalkins@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [MadameMalkins] Skirt
            >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:01:25 -0400
            >
            >Frenchtoast.com is one but I think the skirt is light.
            >Frankbee is another one but the skirt is more expensive.
            >
            >Christine.
            >
            >hurleygurley1991 wrote:
            >
            > >Where are some online stores where you can get the skirt?
            > >(same color same pleated style)
            > >And I was just browsing through past posts and some person said that
            > >there was some company that produced the uniforms for the movie. I
            > >went to that website but there are NO pictures on that site. I also
            > >kept thinking that would they sell it to one person for the skirt
            > >and that's it?
            > >Thanxs a bunch

            Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
            http://msnmessenger-download.com
          • lauren kent
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
              eclispe said:
              > I was thinking of ordering a skirt from the Frank Bee website and was
              > wondering if you (or anyone else who has bought one) knew what color you
              > ended up with, as there's several different grays. Thanks!

              The color isn't labeled in my skirt, but I *think* it's the grey wool.
              It's definitely wool something, because the fabric is a wool/poly blend.

              That was really helpful, huh? :p

              Lauren

              ---
              http://atypically.net

              the lives of some people are one long apology. mine was, once, but not
              now. i go through the world unexplained.
              [stephen crane]
            • Grace Kim
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26, 2004
                I was thinking about the entire issue with the skirt and thought it
                would be helpful for those of us who have not yet obtained a skirt if
                those who have purchased or made the skirt could give us feedback on
                what you think works best. In other words:

                What do you think works best (and if you want you can explain why =P):

                -Buckhead
                -Flynn O'Hara
                -other

                Thank you SO much ^_^

                *~Grace Kim~*
              • Kimberly
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 27, 2004
                  Buckhead... I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm waiting to see it. I receive confirmation that it was shipped on Saturday. So, hopefully today since I ordered from Flynn & O'hara on Thursday and received that skirt yesterday, I will have the Buckhead skirt today.

                  The Flynn & O'hara skirt is lighter than I had hoped. And the only one in grey in my size was 100% polyester. It's difficult to dye polyester so I will probably be sending it back. I don't want to deal with boiling and the like to get the skirt darker. Or worse case scenario... I dump it in RIT dye. I know the dye won't stay but I have dunked polyester in RIT before and it'll keep the color until you wash it or sweat alot. *lol* However, I think the overall look was great. It has the button at the top on the waist band since it's a side zip.

                  The Buckhead one will hopefully be darker... and hopefully be made of at least 50% of a natural fiber that's easily dyed if it needs to be darker. *lol*

                  Or my next project is to just pick up a kick pleat skirt pattern and make it myself.

                  Grace Kim <pianochunsa@...> wrote:

                  -Buckhead
                  -Flynn O'Hara
                  -other

                • imalilwaterbug
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 22, 2004
                    I am having alot of trouble with my skirt!! I started making it today
                    and at first it was too big and now its too small!! I may just have
                    to cut out a whole new back side and redo it!! O well, before I do
                    that I think i will attach the zipper and see if it fits... just in
                    case. Hopefully it will!! At least I get to reward myself tonight
                    with a nice meal!!
                    Caitlin