Re: new member

  • jilliei
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 21, 2009
      Roz- try also Kristine Buchanan- similar to Joan Babcock's work
      which is excellent! I just have not tried it yet....

      Tammy- yes, this group is not active, really only as of late do you
      see some recent activity. Try also like Roz said, Joan Babcock and
      Kristine Buchanan are great. I am going to work on kumihimo and
      micro macrame soon, just need to find time!

      Jill in NJ

      -- In Macrame_2005@yahoogroups.com, "wargcat" <wargcat@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tamara,
      > I recently joined too. The group doesn't seem to be very active.
      > am also re-discovering macrame from years ago. The new micro
      macrame
      > is really beautiful. I recommend looking for Joan Babcock's
      website
      > via a search engine. I have her most recent book & made a couple
      of
      > things from it. She has a wonderful sense of color & design.
      >
      > BTW, I'm in NY. Where are you?
      >
      > Roz
      >

      > "tamaramascreations@" <tamaramascreations@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey everyone.
      > > I just joined here.
      > > I am fairly new to the macrame scene.
      > > I've done it before (high school) and wanted to try it out
      again.
      > > Any tips where to start?
      > > Tammy

    • Aline Fleming
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 25, 2009
        Do you guys now any store where i can buy braided cord to macrame, I live in los Angeles and i have tried Walmart, Michaels, Joann, Downtown but they don't have.  or some online store.  I get my in Brazil, but i am out now.
        thanks

        Roz- try also Kristine Buchanan- similar to Joan Babcock's work
        which is excellent! I just have not tried it yet....

        Tammy- yes, this group is not active, really only as of late do you
        see some recent activity. Try also like Roz said, Joan Babcock and
        Kristine Buchanan are great. I am going to work on kumihimo and
        micro macrame soon, just need to find time!

        Jill in NJ

        -- In Macrame_2005@ yahoogroups. com, "wargcat" <wargcat@... > wrote:

        > Hi Tamara,
        > I recently joined too. The group doesn't seem to be very active.
        > am also re-discovering macrame from years ago. The new micro
        macrame
        > is really beautiful. I recommend looking for Joan Babcock's
        website
        > via a search engine. I have her most recent book & made a couple
        of
        > things from it. She has a wonderful sense of color & design.
        >
        > BTW, I'm in NY. Where are you?
        >
        > Roz
        >

        > "tamaramascreations @" <tamaramascreations @> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey everyone.
        > > I just joined here.
        > > I am fairly new to the macrame scene.
        > > I've done it before (high school) and wanted to try it out
        again.
        > > Any tips where to start?
        > > Tammy

        Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes
      • Bev Y
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 25, 2009
          I get some cord from stores here called Value Village, Salvation ARmy and Goodwill.  They are thrift stores people donate to.

          bev

          Warm the Needy and Homeless - Ask me about donating yarn or fabric.
          Keeping Canada warm for 10 years now.

          Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Rooseveldt

          *If life gives you scraps. Make a quilt!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature
          (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

          Do you guys now any store where i can buy braided cord to macrame, I live in los Angeles and i have tried Walmart, Michaels, Joann, Downtown but they don't have.  or some online store.  I get my in Brazil, but i am out now.
          thanks

          Roz- try also Kristine Buchanan- similar to Joan Babcock's work
          which is excellent! I just have not tried it yet....

          Tammy- yes, this group is not active, really only as of late do you
          see some recent activity. Try also like Roz said, Joan Babcock and
          Kristine Buchanan are great. I am going to work on kumihimo and
          micro macrame soon, just need to find time!

          Jill in NJ

          -- In Macrame_2005@ yahoogroups. com, "wargcat" <wargcat@... > wrote:

          > Hi Tamara,
          > I recently joined too. The group doesn't seem to be very active.
          > am also re-discovering macrame from years ago. The new micro
          macrame
          > is really beautiful. I recommend looking for Joan Babcock's
          website
          > via a search engine. I have her most recent book & made a couple
          of
          > things from it. She has a wonderful sense of color & design.
          >
          > BTW, I'm in NY. Where are you?
          >
          > Roz
          >

          > "tamaramascreations @" <tamaramascreations @> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey everyone.
          > > I just joined here.
          > > I am fairly new to the macrame scene.
          > > I've done it before (high school) and wanted to try it out
          again.
          > > Any tips where to start?
          > > Tammy

          Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes
        • Carrie Wynes
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 25, 2009
            anybody know of any macrame classes in los angeles? Thanks.

            Do you guys now any store where i can buy braided cord to macrame, I live in los Angeles and i have tried Walmart, Michaels, Joann, Downtown but they don't have.  or some online store.  I get my in Brazil, but i am out now.
            thanks

            Roz- try also Kristine Buchanan- similar to Joan Babcock's work
            which is excellent! I just have not tried it yet....

            Tammy- yes, this group is not active, really only as of late do you
            see some recent activity. Try also like Roz said, Joan Babcock and
            Kristine Buchanan are great. I am going to work on kumihimo and
            micro macrame soon, just need to find time!

            Jill in NJ

            -- In Macrame_2005@ yahoogroups. com, "wargcat" <wargcat@... > wrote:

            > Hi Tamara,
            > I recently joined too. The group doesn't seem to be very active.
            > am also re-discovering macrame from years ago. The new micro
            macrame
            > is really beautiful. I recommend looking for Joan Babcock's
            website
            > via a search engine. I have her most recent book & made a couple
            of
            > things from it. She has a wonderful sense of color & design.
            >
            > BTW, I'm in NY. Where are you?
            >
            > Roz
            >

            > "tamaramascreations @" <tamaramascreations @> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey everyone.
            > > I just joined here.
            > > I am fairly new to the macrame scene.
            > > I've done it before (high school) and wanted to try it out
            again.
            > > Any tips where to start?
            > > Tammy

            Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes

          • catrinaadkinson
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 26, 2009
              These are the two places I order from online. Good Luck, Cat

              www.macramesuperstore.com
              www.kingskountry.com

              --- In Macrame_2005@yahoogroups.com, Aline Fleming