new necklace

  • Jeanne Wertman
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 13, 2006
      There is a new necklace done with a pansy cabochon at my
      picturetrail.com/grannyx Jeanne
    • Cheryl Rose
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 13, 2006
        Jeanne,

        That is just beautiful!  I have been having trouble with the leaf pattern that you have posted.  I get the first line but then am not sure where to go after that.

        Cheryl

        Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
        There is a new necklace done with a pansy cabochon at my
        picturetrail.com/grannyx             Jeanne

        Cheryl Rose

        James 3:7 animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea
        are being tamed and have been tamed by man

      • Jeanne Wertman
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 13, 2006
          Cheryl...At the beginning of the first row do the first cord, and
          then put it to the right...then finish the row
          2nd...you are starting with the 2nd cord...work it and then put it to
          the right and finish the row with the other cords. Row 3 starts with
          the 3rd cord, etc...do this until you have about 4 cords left...then
          start back the other way following the pictures....Jeanne

          > Jeanne,
          >
          > That is just beautiful! I have been having trouble with the leaf
          pattern that you have posted. I get the first line but then am not
          sure where to go after that.

          > Cheryl
          >
          > Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
          > There is a new necklace done with a pansy cabochon at my
          > picturetrail.com/grannyx Jeanne

          > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Macrame

          Service.

        • sonsery@aol.com
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 13, 2006
            Oh my gosh Jean.. You are such an artist!

             I'm not just saying that to be nice. You really are an incredible macrame artist. You inspire me to get out the old macrame. I did send for some of the cord, but haven't done anything with it yet as I have so much going on. But man, after looking at your pieces again I may just have to go play some this week. :)

            I would love to come see your pieces in person!

            Sonsery@... - Barb Grainger :)
            http://hometown.aol.com/beadteach/BarbsPage.html
          • Jeanne Wertman
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 13, 2006
              Thank you Barbara...I am so flattered that you should like my things.
              I knew I had seen your name someplace, and when I went to your site I
              found out why. It is fun to get email from other countries isn't it?
              I know since my necklace was in B&B I have been hearing from all over.
              I would love to meet you too...if you're ever over this way......
              Jeanne W.

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                I just put in another necklace in Picturetrail.com/grannyx
                click on the polymer box............ Jeanne W.
              • JDHEUER@aol.com
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                  The necklace is beautiful, Jeanne, just like I knew it would be. Is there anything you can't do?

                  Thanks for sharing,
                  Adrienne
                • Jeanne Wertman
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                    Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do, I
                    just don't let many people know about them. I play with a lot of
                    things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got tired of
                    doing the same things. Now I am going to try something different and
                    see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals like is
                    on this necklace. I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                    Jeanne

                    > The necklace is beautiful, Jeanne, just like I knew it would be. Is
                    there
                    > anything you can't do?
                    >
                    > Thanks for sharing,
                    > Adrienne

                  • Cheryl Rose

                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                        Jeanne,

                        Did you emroider the greeting cards that I see on your picture site?  Do you sell them?

                        Cheryl

                        Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
                        Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do, I
                        just don't let many people know about them.  I play with a lot of
                        things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got tired of
                        doing the same things.  Now I am going to try something different and
                        see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals like is
                        on this necklace.  I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                                                                   Jeanne

                        > The necklace is beautiful, Jeanne, just like I knew it would be. Is
                        there
                        > anything you can't do?

                        > Thanks for sharing,
                        > Adrienne

                        Cheryl Rose

                        James 3:7 animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea
                        are being tamed and have been tamed by man

                      • BeadCozy
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                          I love that piece Jeanne - when I grow up I want to be just like you LOL

                          I also have a huge supply of polymer clay waiting for inspiration to
                          hit, but for some reason I was drawn to knitting yesterday instead -
                          who can control the muse, certainly not me!

                          When making hollow beads with polymer clay, have you tried using
                          water-soluble stabilizer that quilters and machine embroiderers use?
                          I was playing around looking for different things to use and found
                          that the stabilizer works quite well. I cut it into strips and
                          wrapped it around a skewer until I got the inside dimensions of the
                          bead and then wrapped the clay around and baked. When the clay was
                          baked, it was simple to "wash" the strip of stabilizer out. Some of
                          the stabilizer resisted the water treatment, but it was easy to poke
                          out with a needle.

                          Take care, Margaret

                          On 19-Apr-06, at 10:37 AM, Jeanne Wertman wrote:

                          > Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do, I
                          > just don't let many people know about them. I play with a lot of
                          > things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got
                          > tired of
                          > doing the same things. Now I am going to try something different and
                          > see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals like is
                          > on this necklace. I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                          > Jeanne
                        • Jeanne Wertman
                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                            Hi Cheryl...Yes I made everything you see on the site, but no, I
                            don't sell the cards. I'm having a heck of a time getting back to
                            them as my stock is running low. I try to keep a bunch on hand for
                            any occasion...........Jeanne

                            > Jeanne,
                            >
                            > Did you emroider the greeting cards that I see on your picture
                            site? Do you sell them?

                            > Cheryl
                            >
                            > Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
                            > Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do,
                            > just don't let many people know about them. I play with a lot of
                            > things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got
                            tired of
                            > doing the same things. Now I am going to try something different
                            and
                            > see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals like
                            is
                            > on this necklace. I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                            > Jeanne
                            >

                            > > The necklace is beautiful, Jeanne, just like I knew it would be.
                            Is
                            > there
                            > > anything you can't do?
                            > >
                            > > Thanks for sharing,
                            > > Adrienne

                            Service.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                              Hi Margaret...I am just starting with the hollow beads, but heres
                              what I did. I found some wooden half balls at PatCatans (hobby store)
                              I drilled a hole in the flat side and then screwed a cup holder hook
                              in the hole. This gives me something I can hang the wooden thing
                              with...I just took some out of the oven, and I have a lot to learn
                              about how thick the polymer should be...but the hook thing works good.
                              It gives you something to hold onto and with a twist it comes off.
                              Like I said I have a lot of expermenting to do. I also bought a
                              paint pan...aluminum with the little round dents for mixing paint.
                              I am going to try that for a lentel look that is hollow. Jeanne

                              > I love that piece Jeanne - when I grow up I want to be just like
                              you LOL

                              > I also have a huge supply of polymer clay waiting for inspiration
                              > hit, but for some reason I was drawn to knitting yesterday instead -

                              > who can control the muse, certainly not me!
                              >
                              > When making hollow beads with polymer clay, have you tried using
                              > water-soluble stabilizer that quilters and machine embroiderers
                              use?
                              > I was playing around looking for different things to use and found
                              > that the stabilizer works quite well. I cut it into strips and
                              > wrapped it around a skewer until I got the inside dimensions of
                              the
                              > bead and then wrapped the clay around and baked. When the clay was
                              > baked, it was simple to "wash" the strip of stabilizer out. Some
                              of
                              > the stabilizer resisted the water treatment, but it was easy to
                              poke
                              > out with a needle.
                              >
                              > Take care, Margaret
                              >

                              > On 19-Apr-06, at 10:37 AM, Jeanne Wertman wrote:
                              >
                              > > Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do,
                              > > just don't let many people know about them. I play with a lot of
                              > > things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got
                              > > tired of
                              > > doing the same things. Now I am going to try something different
                              and
                              > > see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals
                              like is
                              > > on this necklace. I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                              > > Jeanne

                            • Cheryl Rose
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                                Oh drats!  I love the Peacock and wwanted to entice you to make some parrot ones.  I know a place where there is a good "market" for them.

                                Cheryl

                                Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
                                Hi Cheryl...Yes I made everything you see on the site, but no, I
                                don't sell the cards.  I'm having a heck of a time getting back to
                                them as my stock is running low.  I try to keep a bunch on hand for
                                any occasion...........Jeanne

                                > Jeanne,
                                >
                                >   Did you emroider the greeting cards that I see on your picture
                                site?  Do you sell them?

                                >   Cheryl
                                >
                                > Jeanne Wertman <bobbinjean@...> wrote:
                                >   Thank's much Adrienne...Yup there are a lot of things I can't do,
                                > just don't let many people know about them.  I play with a lot of
                                > things, and had put aside the polymer awhile ago because I got
                                tired of
                                > doing the same things.  Now I am going to try something different
                                and
                                > see if I can do it...Like making hollow beads, and more focals like
                                is
                                > on this necklace.  I have a lot of clay, and I better get with it.
                                >                                            Jeanne
                                >

                                > > The necklace is beautiful, Jeanne, just like I knew it would be.
                                Is
                                > there
                                > > anything you can't do?
                                > >
                                > > Thanks for sharing,
                                > > Adrienne

                                Service.

                                > ---------------------------------
                                >

                                >             Cheryl Rose
                                >
                                >   James 3:7 animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea
                                >   are being tamed and have been tamed by man

                                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 19, 2006
                                  Cheryl, they don't make up that fast, so I don't think anyone would
                                  want to pay the price for the time they take to make them.
                                  Thank you for thinking that way though.............Jeanne

                                  > Oh drats! I love the Peacock and wwanted to entice you to make some
                                  parrot ones. I know a place where there is a good "market" for them.

                                  > Cheryl

                                • Carefully5
                                  Message 16 of 29 , May 2, 2006

                                    Hi Jeanne,

                                    I just returned home from my mother’s passing and found this email. I just wanted to let you know that this mail must be in reference to a different Cheryl in the group. Letting you know that I did purchase some Mastex  and found a leaf pattern in the previous issue of bead and button. Also, I did purchase the first set of lessons from Blue Swan. Now I need to find the time to start practicing the macramé. I’m trying to finish up a boquet of Anthuriums, ginger, and parrots beak beaded flowers but am having trouble locating artificial banana leaves. Looks as if I’ll be going to NYC for them. Thanks again gor the previous info. You gave me before.

                                    Regards,

                                    Cheryl Anderson

                                    Carefully44@....  This the email I use daily.

                                    Cheryl, they don't make up that fast, so I don't think anyone would
                                    want to pay the price for the time they take to make them.
                                    Thank you for thinking that way though.............Jeanne

                                    > Oh drats!  I love the Peacock and wwanted to entice you to make some
                                    parrot ones.  I know a place where there is a good "market" for them.

                                    >   Cheryl

                                  • Carefully5
                                    Message 17 of 29 , May 2, 2006

                                      Oh Gosh,

                                      Sorry to all, I just realized that all the macramé posts have been sent to this address. Sorry for the personal previous post I made to Ms. Wertman. My head has been everywhere but focused.

                                      Cheryl Anderson

                                      Message 18 of 29 , May 2, 2006
                                        Hi Cheryl,

                                        It was me that she was responding to. <grin>  BTW - which issue did you find that pattern in the Bead & button?

                                        Cheryl R.
                                        (PS - I am sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.)

                                        Message 19 of 29 , May 2, 2006

                                          It was the previous issue of B&B (Feb 2006). The leaf pattern is in the pattern for the Asian Tassel. Try page 93 (I think). Let me know if you can’t find it.

                                          Message 20 of 29 , May 2, 2006
                                            Thanks - I don't have that issue. I had to pare down some magazines a few years back and that was one of them.  I will buy it as a back issue.

                                            Again - Thank you!

                                            Cheryl

                                            Message 21 of 29 , May 2, 2006
                                              -Wow Margaret, thank's for the idea. I was wondering where to get
                                              some of the peanuts...I have plenty of the stabilizer...I'll have to
                                              try that......boy you can always learn something from reading these
                                              posts...thank's.........Jeanne

                                              > I love that piece Jeanne - when I grow up I want to be just like
                                              you LOL

                                              > I also have a huge supply of polymer clay waiting for inspiration
                                              > hit, but for some reason I was drawn to knitting yesterday instead -

                                              > who can control the muse, certainly not me!
                                              >
                                              > When making hollow beads with polymer clay, have you tried using
                                              > water-soluble stabilizer that quilters and machine embroiderers
                                              use?
                                              > I was playing around looking for different things to use and found
                                              > that the stabilizer works quite well. I cut it into strips and
                                              > wrapped it around a skewer until I got the inside dimensions of
                                              the
                                              > bead and then wrapped the clay around and baked. When the clay was
                                              > baked, it was simple to "wash" the strip of stabilizer out. Some
                                              of
                                              > the stabilizer resisted the water treatment, but it was easy to
                                              poke
                                              > out with a needle.
                                              >
                                              > Take care, Margaret

                                            • Jeanne Wertman
                                              Message 22 of 29 , May 2, 2006
                                                You know I put in how I make the Russian leaf in the file section of
                                                Macrame 2005...It's the one I use for all my necklaces.
                                                Jeanne

                                                > Thanks - I don't have that issue. I had to pare down some magazines
                                                a few years back and that was one of them. I will buy it as a back
                                                issue.

                                                > Again - Thank you!
                                                >
                                                > Cheryl
                                                >
                                                > Carefully5 <carefully5@...> wrote:
                                                > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url
                                                (#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
                                                {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url
                                                (#default#ieooui) } It was the previous issue of B&B

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , May 3, 2006
                                                    Yep - I remember - I have it printed out already, too.

                                                    thanks

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jun 5, 2006
                                                      Tell you what Barb...If you're any where close to Ohio, I'll give you
                                                      my address, and you can come ahead..........thanks for the compliment
                                                      It always sounds good to hear someone likes my things....Jeanne W.