Hi

  • Crystal Fox
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2005
      I am new, just uploaded photo's of two necklaces. I can't delete the
      full size pic's. Don't want to clog up your files with these BIG photo's

      Crystal
    • Jeanne Wertman
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2005
        Welcome Crystal...I loved your necklaces...what a new approach to this
        craft. Keep up posting photos, and comments, I love hearing from you.
        Jeanne

        > I am new, just uploaded photo's of two necklaces. I can't delete the
        > full size pic's. Don't want to clog up your files with these BIG
        photo's

        > Crystal

      • BeadCozy
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 10, 2005
          Hi, I'm new too - I've been looking at the pictures and I have a
          question.

          I know that I can do Macrame with almost any yarn that I happen to
          have, but is there a yarn that you prefer to use for your fine
          jewelry pieces?

          I think a couple of years ago I did some with something like jean
          stitching thread. I've also done a bit with hemp.

          Take care, Margaret

        • beadfox@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 10, 2005
            Thanks for the comment on my necklaces. They are a design of Marla Gassner. I do have one piece I did in the 60's left. I will scan it tomorrow and try to put up a smaller pic. LOL

            I used Conso thread #18 on them.

            Crystal
            Beadfox@...
            Picturetrail.com/crystalfox
          • Jeanne Wertman
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2005
              Hi Margaret...I mostly use mastex that you can order here
              http://tinyurl.com/6ckvq Or now there is another place that has a
              lot of colors and it is http://tinyurl.com/bftal
              Since mastex is being made in a different factory it has become
              stiffer, and the other seems to be the same...I have found that by
              steaming it, it gets easier to work with, but they are both really
              nice................Jeanne

              > Hi, I'm new too - I've been looking at the pictures and I have a
              > question.
              >
              > I know that I can do Macrame with almost any yarn that I happen to
              > have, but is there a yarn that you prefer to use for your fine
              > jewelry pieces?
              >
              > I think a couple of years ago I did some with something like jean
              > stitching thread. I've also done a bit with hemp.
              >
              > Take care, Margaret
              >

              > On 10-Dec-05, at 5:16 PM, Jeanne Wertman wrote:
              >
              > > Welcome Crystal...I loved your necklaces...what a new approach to
              this
              > > craft. Keep up posting photos, and comments, I love hearing from
              you.
              > > Jeanne
              > >

              > > > I am new, just uploaded photo's of two necklaces. I can't
              delete the
              > > > full size pic's. Don't want to clog up your files with these BIG
              > > photo's
              > > >
              > > > Crystal

            • sonsery
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005
                Hi Crystal :)

                I just looked at your stuff in your photo album. How cool! Isn't it
                funny how the necklace from the 60's looks like contemporary styles.
                Things really do 'recycle'.

                barb g
              • beadfox@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 16, 2007

                    I am new to this group. I haven’t done any macramé in 25 years. I miss it and keep telling myself I am going to get back to doing it but I keep putting it off.

                    I live in the Atlanta, GA USA area and do many crafts, especially card making.

                    I am looking for a pattern for a diaper bag. I made on about 28 years ago and it was so cute but I apparently didn’t keep the pattern and it is lose. It has wooden dowels at the top of the sides (Front and back) and four blocks that spell BABY. It is rectangle in shape.  I would love to find this as my daughter is having a baby in December.

                    The other question I have is where do you get your supplies. Supplies used to be abundant but that was a long time ago. I know EBay is a source but are there other sources?

                    Thanks and look forward to getting to know you all!

                    Dianna

                    It Ain't Easy Being Green

                    When green is all there is to be
                    It could make you wonder why
                    But why wonder, why wonder?
                    I am green and it'll do fine
                    It's beautiful!
                    And I think it's what I want to be

                    Kermit

                    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

                    Desiderata - Written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s

                    Thoughts become things...choose the good ones!® © www.tut.com ®

                    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.

                    ..... Margaret Mead (1901-1978)

                    Check out my cards and family photos at:

                    http://community.webshots.com/user/diannan1