Re: Help! Need help upgrading to Leopard - installer is aborting

  • Ed Gaitley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi folks,

      Thanks to all who responded and for the excellent guidance. It turns
      out (after taking it to Pacific Premier for a checkup), that the
      problem with upgrading was due to some aftermarket RAM I had that was
      hosing up the installer. It's odd that for the 6 years I've had this
      G4 with that RAM installed I never had an issue with it, (even
      successfully installing Panther and Tiger), and that it would now hang
      up with Leopard. So, after removing the RAM, it installed just fine.
      But it's good to know that I have the target disk option in the
      future. My afternoon upgrade job ended up turning into a 3 day ordeal
      but now I'm finished and can start on upgrading the iMac. Happy New
      Year to all and thanks again.

      Ed