Re: [MacAskill] Re: to North Carolina?

  • Allan MACASKILL
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2003
      Hello Daniel,
      The "Nephton" sailed with emigrants from the Glenelg and Kintail area in 1802.
      Many MacAskills were evicted from Glenelg about this time to "the new world".
      My own 3rd Grandfather was evicted from Glen More, Glenelg in 1804, but I do not know if it was overseas or within the local area.
      The "Liscard" was another ship, but I think that was about 50 or so years later.
      I have the details somewhere, and I will look them out.

      I think that many went to Canada and Australia, but I understand that some Canadian ones headed down to the Carolinas etc at a later date.

      I will be in touch !

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2003
        I hope to hear from you soon -- thanks for the response.

        Daniel MacLeod

        --- In MacAskill@yahoogroups.com, "Allan MACASKILL" <macaskill@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Daniel,
        > The "Nephton" sailed with emigrants from the Glenelg and Kintail
        area in 1802.
        > Many MacAskills were evicted from Glenelg about this time to "the
        new world".
        > My own 3rd Grandfather was evicted from Glen More, Glenelg in 1804,
        but I do not know if it was overseas or within the local area.
        > The "Liscard" was another ship, but I think that was about 50 or so
        years later.
        > I have the details somewhere, and I will look them out.
        >
        > I think that many went to Canada and Australia, but I understand
        that some Canadian ones headed down to the Carolinas etc at a later
        date.

        > I will be in touch !

        Service.
      • Allan MACASKILL
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2003
          Hello again Daniel,
          Just another snippet of information.

          "In 1793 the vessel "Argyll" carried 150 people from Glenelg, Glenmoriston, Strathglass and Moydart to Upper Canada via P.E.I ."

          I can't remember what P.E.I  stands for, perhaps you know.

                                                                          There will be more info following.

          Have you tried the Ships passenger list website? I was a part of it, but I was getting severe amounts of email from folk so I quit.

          wrote:
          > Hello Daniel,
          > The "Nephton" sailed with emigrants from the Glenelg and Kintail
          area in 1802.
          > Many MacAskills were evicted from Glenelg about this time to "the
          new world".
          > My own 3rd Grandfather was evicted from Glen More, Glenelg in 1804,
          but I do not know if it was overseas or within the local area.
          > The "Liscard" was another ship, but I think that was about 50 or so
          years later.
          > I have the details somewhere, and I will look them out.
          >
          > I think that many went to Canada and Australia, but I understand
          that some Canadian ones headed down to the Carolinas etc at a later
          date.

          > I will be in touch !

          Service.

        • Lynn MacAskill