Confronting Racism Against Obama/ Richard Trumka

  • anjalisaga
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      Dear All,

      I know that many of u are following the elections in the US - it is
      really such a tense time - progress will only come by electing Obama.
      Some of the speeches I have seen are amazing - rekindling a relationship
      with politics that have been so violently taken from us. This is a
      really great speech by Richard Trumka and I would really advise you all
      to watch the 7mins40..and in general follow the thread on confronting
      racism against Obama.. it is very interesting despite the horror of what
      would happen if the neo cons got in again ...bests anjx

      http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/confronting\
      -rac.html

      an extract from a recent speech by Richard Trumka, former
      President of the United Mine Workers of America.

      The video comes courtesy of Andrew Sullivan's "Daily Dish" blog on The
      Atlantic Monthly website.

      best, anand

      ps never underestimate the power of racism in the usa. remember obama
      was 10 points in the lead before polling day in new hampshire!