My first MT63 QSO

  • Nino Porcino
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 1999
      Hello,

      I am proud to announce that today I have done the first MT63 qso
      with my own Windows+-soundcard terminal program. It was my first
      qso in MT63 in absolute.

      I am happy because all worked perfectly and despite of the bad
      conditions (QRM/fade).

      I think this mode can give us a lot in the future.

      Will keep the list informed,

      73 de
      Nino IZ8BLY

      P.S. copy of the memorabilis qso follows :-)
      (I've depurated the text from all the garbage anyway)

      ------------- 14 nov 1999 13:59 utc, 14037 KHz USB ------------------

      +AF8-DEL ABOUT 10 WATT.
      CAN YOU COPY ME VILNIS ???
      YL2KF DE PA0OCD PSE KKK
      BTUKKKK
      R De YL2G+AF8- YLiKF
      YES, I COPY YOU QUITE WLL IN 500 HZ

      QRZ QRZ QRZ QRZ DE PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD
      WAS THAT OU NINO IZ8BLY ???
      QRZ QRZ QRZ DE YL2KF AND PA0OCD
      WAS THAT YOU IZ8BLY ???
      PSE KKKKK

      rrrrr
      RRR
      RRRR
      RRR
      IZ8BLY DE IZ8BLY
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      RST 439 439 439
      PLEASE KKK

      IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE YL2KF AND PA0OCD
      IZ8BLY DE YL2KF AND PA0OCD
      RRR HELLO NINO
      RST YES DIFFICULT HI THE FONE SSB IS ALLREADY UP TO
      DVN
      +AFs-...+AF0-
      YU COPO NINK
      VIL5IS DO YOU COPY NINxH??+AH0-
      YL2KF YL2KF DE IZ8BLY AND PA0OCD
      PSE VILNIS KKKKKKKK

      dL2KF F , +ACM-ST Ddi496549 549 509

      DE PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD
      LET US CHANGE LET US CHANGE TO 1 KHZ LET US CHANGE TO 1 KHZ
      LET US CHANGE TO 1 KHZ LET US CHANGE TO 1 KHZ
      IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE GRP DE PA0OCD PSE TO 1 KHZ LONG INTERLEAVE
      PSE NINO KKK

      RRR
      RRR
      RRR
      THIS IS IZ8BLY
      IZ8BLY THIS IS IZ8BLY DE GRP.
      HELLO PAUL AND VILNIS VERY PLASED TO MAKE MY FIRST
      MT63 QSO AND WITH MY OWN TERMINAL PROGRAM +ACEAIQAhACE-
      WELL PLEASE TELL ME YOUR WORX CONDX , I.E. IF YOU USE
      THE EVM OR MY WIN95 PROGRAM
      PLEASE PAUL BTU BTU AS NOT COPY VERY WELL VILNIS
      GRP DE IZ8BLY PSE PAUL KKK

      RRRR ABT 99 99 99 PRECENT FB FB FB.
      +ACE-YES UCH BpTT1R 1 KHZ WIDE,
      AND THINK 2 KHZ+AD0-FWOULD BE ALSO GOOD HI
      I AM USING NOW YOUR YOUR PROGRAM NINO YOUR PROGRAM.
      IDLE POWER 10 WATTS IDLE POWER 10 WAPTS
      +AFs-...+AF0-
      WILL TRY TO USE THE EVM56 LATER ON.
      OK ??
      BUT LET WE GIVE THE KEYS TO VILNIS NOW
      YL2KF YL2KF DE GRP DE PA0OCD PSE VILNIS KKKK

      RRR
      RRR
      RRR
      DE YL2KF .
      STO NINO ALL MY CONGRATULATIONS AND RAPORT FOR FIRST MT63 QSO TO IZ8BLY
      FROM YL2KF IS 549 549 549 549 , NICE PRINT AND COPY OM NINO ON MY SIDE
      WITH YOUR SOFTWARE +ACEAIQAhACEAIQAh- A GREAT IDEA IS RELISED ....
      SO, BTU KEYS TO NINO
      IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE YL2KF +ACQ- PA0OCD
      4KK

      RRR
      RRR
      RRR ALL OK DE IZ8BLY
      THANKS FOR CONGRATS VILNIS, YES I THINK THIS
      IS ANOTHER MILESTONE FOR US
      USING NOW ABOUT 20 WATTS AS I HAVE AN UNTUNED
      ANTENNA IN THIS FREQUENCY.

      EXCUSE ME IF THE INTERFACE OF THE PROGRAM
      IS VERY UNFRIENDLY AT THE MOMENT, BUT THIS
      IS THE FIRST STAGE HI.
      SO PAUL TELL ME IF YOU HAVE DONE SOME TESTS
      WITH THE EVM56 BECAUSE WANT TO KNOW
      IF THIS IS COMPATIBLE WITH.
      NOW KEYS BTU PAUL PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY AND YL2KF
      PSE KKK

      RRRR
      RRRR
      RRRR
      IZ8BLY AND YL2KF DE PA0OCD, BIT COPIED WELL, BUT HAD AN S-9 S-9
      FONE AND AT THAT MONENT THE PROGRAM COULD NOT SYNC.
      WHEN IT HAS GOT SYNC IT WILL GO ON I NOTICED.
      VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THE 2 KHZ 2 KHZ MODE.
      NO NINO I HAD MO TIME YET TO TEST THE EVM56 WITH YOUR PROGRAM HI.
      BUT CAN WE DO FIRST THE 2 KHZ MODE NOW ?? AFTER THAT I WILL START
      UP THE EVM56 AND HOPE ALL GOES WELL HI
      YES GOOD COPY ALSO FROM YOU VILNIS.
      THINK WIDER MODES COULD COMBAT BETTER THE FONE QRM.
      KEYS TO VILNIS AND PERHAPS YOU CAN START WITH THE 2 KHZ WIDE
      MODE LONG INTERLEAVE?
      YL2KF DE IZ8BLY AND PA0OCD
      PSE VILNIS KKKK

      RGR OM PAUL , NOW COPY YOU +AFs-...+AF0- AND ALSO NINO LAST MASSAGE
      WAS CLOSE TO 100+ACU- .
      SO , SOME QUESTIONS, WHAT IS BOTTO +AFs-...+AF0-
      THIS OFFSET AND CONFIDENCE ???
      I AM A LITTLE ON THE WA7Y T HAT THIS IS ERRORS RATE AND
      SOME OTHER MAYBE , WHAdsT IT IS ??? KEYS NOW TO NINO
      IZ8BLY DE YL2KF AND PA0OCD

      RRRR
      RRRR
      YL2KF AND PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      WELL, OK 2 KHZ MODE SEEMS TO WORK TOO.
      ABOUT THE TWO PARAMETERS IN STATUS BAR:
      CONFIDENCE IS HOW MUCH THE TEXT IS RELIABLE
      AND OFFSET IS HOW MUCH THE QRG IS OUT OF TUNE

      ANYWAY THE CONFIDENCE REFERS TO DELAYED SIGNAL
      SO IT IS NOT WATH YOU ARE SEEING AT THE MOMENT
      BUT IS THE RELIABILITY OF LAST N-CHARACTERS.

      OK, THIS MODE AND PROGRAM HAS LOT TO BE INPROVED,
      I.E. IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE GARBAGE TEXT FROM TRUE TEXT.

      OK, NOW KEYS TO PAUL AND TELL US IF YOU CAN RUN THE EVM

      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY AND YL2KF PSE KKK

      RRRRR
      RRRR
      RRRR
      IZ8BLY AND YL2KF DE PA0OCD, FB NINO AND VLINIS, HAVE THE SLIGHT
      IMPRESSION THAT 1 KHZ WIDE PERFROMS AN LITTEL BETTER BUT THAT
      IS WITHOUT ANY QRM.
      I WILL START UP THE EVM56, HOPE THAT IT WILL WORK BCEAUSE HAVE
      NOT DONE MT63 AN LONG TIME HI.
      HAVE GOT THE LAST FILES THOUGH.
      PERHAPS BEST IF WE CHANGE TO 1 KHZ BACK TO 1 KHZ.
      AND WHEN NINO AND VILNIS WILL GO ON CHATTING I CAN BERAK IN ANY
      TIME WHEN YOU GIVE AN CHANGE OVER.
      SO PSE BACK TO 1 KHZ LONG INTERLEAVE
      YL2KF YL2KF DE IZ8BLY AND PA0OCD
      PSE VILNIS KKKK

      +AFs-...+AF0-

      SORRY, IN 2 KHZ WAS BAD COPY FROM NINO AND ALSO FROM PAUL
      DE YL2KF YL2KF
      SO , WE ARE A LITTLE IN PROBLEMS NOW , PROPOGATION IS DOWN .....
      SO , BTU NINO , MAYBE I COPY YOU .

      RRRR
      RRRRRRRR
      DE IZ8BLY GRP DE IZ8BLY
      ALL OK VILNIS, YES PERHAPS 1 KHZ IS BETTER TO COPY
      AS MAYBE YOU HAVE THE FILTER INSERTED?

      Paul is changing to EVM56 so soon we will make a
      test to see if it is compatible.
      Well, I am happy because as first qso all behaved ok,
      please Vilnis in the next over tell me if you had problem
      with your computer speed.

      btu again Vilnis and give som space for paul if
      turned on the machine. pse KKKK

      IZ8BLY DE YL2KF YL2KF +AFs-....+AF0-
      AND PA0OCD
      +ACo-START+ACo- 64 BPSK tones, 10 baud +ACo-START+ACo-
      DE PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD
      RRRRR ON EVM56 NOW ON EVM56 NOW FB COPY BUT HAVE AN BIT
      LESS POWER NOW AN BIT LESS POWER NOW.
      SO PSE GO ON VILNIS AND NINO SO I CAN GET USED TO THSI TERMINAL
      AGAIN HI HI HI.
      YL2KF YL2KF DE IZ8BLY AND PA0OCD+AFw-PSE VILNIS KKK

      RRRR
      OK ,PAUL , YOU ARE QUITE STRONG anyWAY AND ALL COPY.
      SO , FOR NINO ABOUT SPEED , SO , NOT ANY PROBLEMS, MY ORDINAR
      PENTIUM 233 MMX WORKING AND I NOT SEE SOME DELAYS HERE , A , I HAVE
      AWE64 CARD.
      THE ONLY TRICK IS THIS DATUM FORMAT , SHOULD BE IN REGIONAL SETTINGS
      CHANGED TO DD/MM/YYYY , IF NOT , PROGRAM NOT STASO ,NOW I HAV8E S +AD0-
      ITALY MY COMPUTER AND ALL IS O.K. , HI ....
      OK ,TO NINO BACK AGAIN ,
      SO IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE YL2KF AND PA +AFs-...+AF0-

      rrrr
      RRR RRR grp de iz8bly
      ok EVM56 copied perfectly here. About the date format,
      I will fix it. That date was only to make the program expire on
      twenty of december, because I do not want that a beta release
      have life HI.

      using now 20 watts into vertical GP
      but the ant is not resonating here, I think we should choose
      another qrg
      pse
      PAUL BTU DE IZ8BLY AND GRP KKK

      RR.R
      FB +ACo-B FB
      IZ8BLY +AFs-...+AF0- OKS TRATX 3evryt-hinF+AF8- is working fine here and there hi.
      will try to set theJcwid Lhave forgotten it but wili
      +AFs-...+AF0- hope to set now the cwid
      7m?ckCeys 8a4o jvh+AF4-iilHeUis anN pse try the 2khz mode , it takes here
      about 20 seconds. i hope hi
      yl2kf d,e iz8bly and +ACU-pa0ocd pse kkk and wait an short while if the
      cwid work

      +AFs-...+AF0- Y THAT I AM IN SHORT OF TIME NOW.
      IN 20 MIN I SHO+ACo-ULD BE IN ANOTHER PLACE TO PICK UP SOME PARCELS FROM BUS
      WHICH IS COMING FROM RIGA . SO SORRY, NOT TIME FOR MORE .
      BTU NINO KEYS TO NINO AND 73
      TO YOU PAUL M Y FIRST MT63 QSO , AND SECOND TOO , GREAT DAY ..+ACEAIQAhACEAIQAh-
      GL GL GL
      73
      DE YL2KF

      +AFs-...+AF0-

      rrr
      rrrr
      RRR
      RRR
      RRR
      RRR
      ALL OK DR VILNIS AND PAUL, YES, ALSO MY TIME HAS FINISHED
      BECAUSE IN THE NEXT WEEK I WILL HAVE TO DO A CHEMISTRY EXAMS
      AND HAVE LOT TO STUDY :-)
      ANYWAY THANK YOU BOTH FOR THIS FB EXPERIMENT AND
      ALSO THANKS TO PAWEL JACHOLA SP9VRC WHO HAS REALIZED ALL THAT.

      MY BEST 73 AND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.

      PAUL BTU GRP DE IZ8BLY PSE kkk

      +AFs-...+AF0- vould be short interleave .
      will go back to 1 khz but if any of you can copy pse reply
      +AFs-...+AF0-
      Pyl2kf and iz8bly de pa0ocd did you +AD0-co5pd+AFs-...+AF0- ?
      Ppze. +AF0-.Ckk5+-
      YuJH
      +ACo-EOT+ACo- +ACo-EOT+ACo- +ACo-EOT+ACo-

      RRRR
      RRR
      THIS IS IZ8BLY
      THIS IS IZ8BLY IN 2 KHZ MODE
      PLEASE PAUL REPEAT WHAT YOU SAID AS HAD PSK31 QRM PLEASE REPEAT
      WHAT TEST WOULD LIKE TO DO
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY PSE KKK

      +AFs-...+AF0-
      ere vilnis
      ??
      YL2KF AND IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD PSE VILNIS KKK

      PA0OCD PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      DE IZ8BLY
      DE IZ8BLY
      PAUL CAN YOU COPY ME?
      I HAVE A BIG PSK31 QRM HERE
      IF COPY ME PLEASE KKK

      RRRRRR

      RRRRRR
      RRRRR
      RRRRRtR?GRRRR
      IZ8BLY AND YL2KF DE PA0OCD, YES QUITE AN SIGNAL HI HI, BUT UESES
      NOW DSP DENOISING TO WIPE OUT THE PSK31
      NOT SURE IF IT MAKES MT63 WORSE WITH THAT EXTRA TIMEWAVE DSP DENOISING HI.
      BUT COPIED YOU 100.
      YES NINO I HAV TO CHECK OUT MY 2 KHZ MY 2 KHZ MODE FOR THE EVM56
      BECAUSE IT SOUNDED AN BIT STRANGE HI HI.
      AND COULD NOT COPY ANYTHING WITH IT.
      THE 1 KHZ MODE SEEMS TO BE FB, SO THE 2 KHZ MODE MUST WORK ALSO.
      BT LET US USE THE 1 KHZ MODE UNTILL WE HAVE CHEKCED OUT THE EVM56
      ALSO ON 2 KHZ COMPATIBLE WITH MT63-SB.
      IF NINO DOES NOT COPY THEN KEYS TO VILNIS
      IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE YL2KF AND PA0OCD PSE NINO NINO KKKK

      RRR
      RRR
      RRR
      RRRRRRRR
      DE IZ8BLY
      YES COPY VERY FINE DESPITE OF THE PSK31 AND PHONE QRM.
      THIS MT63 IS INCREDIBLE WHEN IT HAS THE SYNCH+ACE-
      ABOUT THE PROGRAM I HAVENT TELL YOU THAT THE TRANSMISSION STOPS
      WHEN YOU TYPE THE AMPERSAND CHARACTER.... OK.... I HAVE TO IMPROVE IT HI.

      PLEASE PAUL IN THE NEXT OVER LETS TRY THE 2KHZ VERSION SO WE
      CAN COMPLETE OUR TESTS THIS AFTERNOON.

      I AM NOT SURE THAT VILNIS IS STILL IN QRG BECAUSE SAID QRT SOME MINS AGO.

      SO BTU VILNIS IF HERE OTHWERWISE BTU PAUL.
      DE IZ8BLY kkk

      RRRRRR
      RRRRRR
      OK NINO
      IZ8BLY DER GRP DE PA0OCD,
      I THOUGHT THAT OU WERE ON 2 KHZ WHEN I ASKED HI, SO IT COULD BE THAT
      I WAS ON 2 KHZ EVM56 AND YOU WERE ON 1 KHZ HI
      SO LET US FIRST GO TO 2 KHZ ON THE MT63-SB AND AFTER THAT I TRY OUT
      AGAIN THE EVM56 ON 2KHZ MODE
      VILNIS ARE YOU STILL THERE ????
      YL2KF YL2KF DE GRP DE PA0OCD PSE VILNIS KKKK IN THIS 1 KHZ MODE
      PSE KKK

      EEE
      RRRRRR
      RRRRRRR
      THIS IS IZ8BLY
      THIS IS IZ8BLY
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY ON 2KILOHERTZS
      WELL I THINK THAT VILNIS IS GONE FOR HIS OWN BUSINESS OK.
      I HAVE SOME PHONE QRM AND THE PSK31 WICH SEEMS HAVENT NOTICED US
      HI. THE FACT THAT THE BW IS WIDE IS BETTER BECAUSE DOES NOT
      DISTURB SO MUCH.... IT SOUNDS LIKE STATIC NOISE HI.

      WELL BTU PAUL IN 2KHZ DE IZ8BLY KKK

      DE PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD.
      NO THINK VILNIS IS NOT COPYNG ANYMORE NOW
      OK NINO LET US FIRST CHANGE TO 2 KHZ 2 KHZ WIDE
      AND AFTER THAT I WILL GO TO THE EVM56
      IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD PSE 2 KHZ LONG INTERLEAVE MODE

      RRRRRR
      RRRRRR
      RRRRR
      RRRRR
      IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD, FB COPY NINO AND YES ONLY THING IS WHEN SYNC
      IS LOST IT COULD TAKE SOME TIME, BUT PERHAPS SAME TRICK AS VARICODE
      IS POSSIBLE SOMHEOW OR SOMETHING TO HOLD THE SYNC LONGER ON HI.
      OK I WILL GO TO THE EVM56 AND TRANSMI T AN BIT, +-BUT WHEN NOT GOOD
      WE WILL GO BACK TO 1 KHZ MODE , I WILL STAY ON THE EVM56 THEN
      OK QRX QRX QRX THEN NINO
      GO TO THE EVM56
      IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD QRX QRX

      IZ8BLY IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD PA0OCD PA0OCD
      IZ8B ))Y ZrBL+AH8- xYN I+ACI-8BLY DEPA0OCD PA0OCI+ACQ-T 0ON 800 MYR
      +AGA-S WS+-ENOr0.GY+AGA-O8j05808mgN+ACU-NG ELE WAS ABLE TO COMEoTHROUQH THE QRM.
      THERE WAS ALSO AN QPSK 14 TONES MODE PACKETX, BUT HTA WAS AN BIT
      TRICKY HI ON 80 MTRS IT WAS. OK LET US SEE IF YOU CAN COPY AND IF
      THIS WAS +AFs-...+AF0- +ACI-AVE MODE ??
      IZ8B+AFw-Y DE PA0OCD PSE NINO KKK

      +ACo-EOT+ACo-

      RRRR
      RRRR
      PA0OCD DE IZ8BLY
      DID NOT COPIED WELL AS THE SIGNAL IS GOING DOWN...
      I THINK THE PROPAGATION IS LEAVING US
      ANYWAY IN SOME POINTS COPIED YOU R-9 R-9
      SO I THINK THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE
      EVM AND 2 KHZ.

      OK PAUL I THINK WE HAVE MADE A GOOD TEST FOR THIS PROJECT.
      PLEASE WRITE ME IN EMAIL WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT CAN BE
      DONE FOR IMPROVING THE SYSTEM. I'VE ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT
      VARICODE WICH WOULD BE USEFUL FOR THE SLOWER SPEED (500 hZ).

      OK, NOW IS BETTER THAT I GO OTHERWISE I AM AFRAID THAT
      I WILL FAIL MY CHEMISTRY EXAM NEXT WEEK HI :-)

      PLEASE ALSO WRITE TO MT63 REFLECTOR AND SUGGEST WHAT QRG/TIME
      WOULD BE OK FOR A NET IN MT63.

      SO BTU FOR THE FINAL, MY BEST 73 AND THANK FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.

      DE IZ8BLY BTU KKK
      +ACo-EOT+ACo-

      +ACo-START+ACo- 64 BPSK tones, 20 baud +ACo-START+ACo-

      RRRRRRRRRR
      RRRRRRRRRR
      99 99 99 +AFs-...+AF0- 9 99 99 99 99
      PERCENT HI
      IZ8BLY DE PA0OCD
      RRRR FB COPY BUT YOU ARE RUNNING 4 TIMES MORE POWER NOW.
      MY IDEL POWER +AHs-IS +AFs-...+AF0- S 5 WATTS IDLE POWER NOW.
      OK NINO THIS WAS AN FB TEST AND YOU HAVE DONE AN FB JO , ALLFIS
      COMPATILuE,l0WILL TRY TO LOAD THE 500 HZ VERSION.
      CHEERIO NOW, WISH YOU WELL WITH THE EXAMS AND WILL WRITE TO
      THE E8JFF +AFs-...+AF0- TOR THIS EVENING.
      CHEERIO NOW AND HAVE AN FB WEEKEND +AFs-...+AF0-

      RRRR RRRR RRRR
      NIL NIL COPY NOW SIG S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0
      73 73 73 73 73
      73 73 73 73 73
      DE IZ8BLY SK SK SK SK SK +ACo-EOT+ACo-