Re: SOUND CARD ?

  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
      rrr tks ko.

      david
    • Robert Kennedy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
        Yes, It should work.

        But if you want to use PACTOR and AMTOR with a sound card, you need a sound
        card with a PSA architecture. The PACTOR freeware program for a sound card
        by Tom Sailor HB9JNX ONLY works with sounds cards using a PSA architecture.

        The PSA sound cards have better DSP chips which relieve the main CPU of your
        computer of a lot of work. I think Tom Sailor tried to get PACTOR to work
        with a simple sound blaster type card but found it wouldn't work due to
        timing/linking problems. I am sure Windows is also partly to blame.

        I think part of Tom's TERMPSA program for Pactor actually runs inside the
        PSA sound card.

        If someone has more information on PSA cards and how they work, please share
        them with me. I am curious why they are better for some applications.

        73's

        Rob
        VA2FB
      • Bill Archer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
          Mine works fine for sstv and psk...just be sure to check the Windoze
          audio control settings...
          Good luck
          KC5GNB