MT63 image mode?

  • Murray Greenman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hamish - be patient.

      Nino is thinking along the lines of a digital SSTV, and the present file
      exchange protocol is just an interim affair. before he does that though, he
      has a "point and shoot" tuning version of Hell to release!

      As you say, the protocol would need to provide reasonable reception even if
      the picture drops out part way, so the compression should be part of the
      transmission algorithm, rather than the image.

      We also have worked out a way to send text and images at the same time!
      There's more to come. I would think that this type of application of MT63 is
      more appropriate than as a rag-chew mode in itself.

      Murray