Re: MT63 Frequencies

  • Murray Greenman
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2000
      Bob,

      I've yet to hear ANY MT63 out of the US, but they tell me 14.112, 14.122 and
      14.130 are good spots. You'll find all the international DX on 14.347. Al
      frequencies quoted are INDICATED DIAL FREQ IN USB.

      21.437 is another one, but I've not heard anybody there. I've worked about
      25 countries, most in Europe, but also LU, PY, JA, VK and 3D2.

    • James L. Metzler
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2002
        I have recently become interested in MT63.
        Please forward the frequencies on all bands
        so that I may participate.

        Best
        James L. Metzler, N3BZW
        Engineering
        The Pennsylvania State University
        Biomechanics Laboratory
        39 Rec Bldg
        University Park, Pa 16802

        Office: 814-863-1648
        Email: jlm55@...
      • Brian Carling
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 16, 2003
          14109-14111
          10137.5 - 10132
          21130
          28130

          I have made contacts on 20m, 40m and 10m so far.
          I want to try the other bands. Anyone interested enough to
          give it a try?

          How about leaving your rig to receive 14109.5 for several hours?
          You will be AMAZED what is on the screen when you get back to the shack some
          days!

          What about 75m and 40m frequencies?
          Anyone care to try MT63 on 40m soon?

          I can do it on Wednesday or Sat-Sunday this weekend.

          73 - Bry, AF4K
        • jsb@digistar.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 17, 2003
            On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Brian Carling wrote:

            > 14109-14111
            > 10137.5 - 10132
            > 21130
            > 28130
            >
            > What about 75m and 40m frequencies? Anyone care to try MT63 on 40m soon?

            There's a fair bit of activity around 1810, 3580 and 7070 all USB, for all
            digital modes. PSK31 is almost always present at 3580 and 7070 but 1810
            gets a bit also.

            hope this helps...........
          • Brian Carling
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2003
              Hmmm - MT63 is supposed to be USB below 9 MHz according to the web
              information I have read.

              JSB - have YOU personally ever made any MT 63 contacts
              on 160 or 80m?

              How about 40m?

              I will be surprised if you answer YES to any of the above (grin)
              but thanks for trying to help.

              See you all on MT63 soon!

              73 - Bry, AF4K

            • jsb@digistar.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 17, 2003
                On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Brian Carling wrote:

                > Hmmm - MT63 is supposed to be USB below 9 MHz according to the web
                > information I have read.

                I always use USB for digital modes regardless of the frequency, fwiw. I
                use LSB about once a month when I plug my microphone into the radio and
                see what is happening on 160 around 1875 or 1900.

                > JSB - have YOU personally ever made any MT 63 contacts on 160 or 80m?
                > How about 40m?

                Yep - I will have to look in my MixW logs but I know I have for 160, 80,
                40 and 20. Only on 20 meters have I used "only 1000 long" but on 40, 80
                and 160 I have used 500 short and 1000 short. I believe I had better luck
                finding contacts on 80 than I did on 40 (these were scheduled) and only 1
                on 160 but it was a local contact.

                There is MT63 activity on all the bands I run (160, 80, 40, 20) but not
                much other than 20 meters... and there's not that much on 20 either.
                PSK seems to be taking over everything.

                For any band other than 20 meters the best way to get a contact is to
                email the mailing lists way ahead of time and set a sked with someone.

                However, I think 80 and 40 would be primo candidates for digital mode
                operation because 20 meters is essentially a dummy load 2 hours after the
                sun goes down. I love 160 meters but it takes a lot more real estate to
                put up a 160m dipole, or a big tower to put up an inverted L, etc.

                I haven't made any digital mode contacts in a long time - perhaps I should
                take the rigblaster off the shelf and plug it in this weekend.

                73 Jason N1SU
              • Brian Carling
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 13, 2005
                  I think I heard someone just now on 15m...

                  WIll try a CQ if I don't hear any more on 21,109.5 kilo-sickles.

                  WOW - THERE'S A BIG SIGNAL!!

                  K5DI - HI Karl! Leaping out of the noise!

                  On 13 Mar 2005 at 15:42, karl larsen wrote:

                  > It is time again to recall what frequencies to use for MT63 on the
                  >
                  > various bands. Here is what I have been using:
                  >
                  > 40 Meters 7105.5
                  > 20 Meters 14109.5
                  > 15 Meters 21109.4
                  > 10 Meters 28109.5
                  >
                  > If this is not right let's talk about it. I am now monitoring 21109.5
                  > and will do so till dark. In 30 minutes I have a CW Net.
                  >
                  > karl

                  > --------------------~--> Listen to Internet Radio! Access to your
                  > favorite Artists! Click to listen to LAUNCHcast now!
                  > http://us.click.yahoo.com/_mKGzA/GARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

                • karl larsen

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 13, 2005
                      Years ago when 10m was open all the time everybody was on 28.130

                      Tom

                      --- karl larsen <k5di@...> wrote:
                      > It is time again to recall what frequencies to use for MT63 on
                      > the
                      > various bands. Here is what I have been using:
                      >
                      > 40 Meters 7105.5
                      > 20 Meters 14109.5
                      > 15 Meters 21109.4
                      > 10 Meters 28109.5
                      >
                      > If this is not right let's talk about it. I am now monitoring 21109.5
                      >
                      > and will do so till dark. In 30 minutes I have a CW Net.
                      >
                      > karl

                      Ignore all Yahoo spam below this line:

                    • John Bradley
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 13, 2005
                        due to my advancing years and memory lapses (aka Senior's moments) would it
                        make sense just to use 109.5 on all bands except 160, 80 and 30?
                        If we can agree on freqs, I think we'll get more interest in MT63/OLIVIA.

                        I'm with Pete when It comes to OLIVIA, being software challenged and running
                        win98 . It would be fun to run some tests betweeN MFSK and MT63
                        as to what works in poor condx.

                        Karl and I had a great QSO on 20 and 15 today, awesome signals

                        John
                        VE5MU

                        > Years ago when 10m was open all the time everybody was on 28.130
                        >
                        > Tom
                        >
                        > --- karl larsen <k5di@...> wrote:
                        > > It is time again to recall what frequencies to use for MT63 on
                        > > the
                        > > various bands. Here is what I have been using:
                        > >
                        > > 40 Meters 7105.5
                        > > 20 Meters 14109.5
                        > > 15 Meters 21109.4
                        > > 10 Meters 28109.5
                        > >
                        > > If this is not right let's talk about it. I am now monitoring 21109.5
                        > >
                        > > and will do so till dark. In 30 minutes I have a CW Net.
                        > >
                        > > karl
                        > >

                        > Ignore all Yahoo spam below this line:

                        > --

                      • karl larsen
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 14, 2005
                          Hi John, I think your idea is correct for frequencies. I have not
                          tried 109.5 on 40 meters but if it's not smack dab on a broadcast
                          station it would be as good as 105.5. By the way, the 21109.4 was a typo.

                          I was pointed to a web page which had frequencies but I do not think
                          we should be bound to that. I will have a look at 7109.5 tonight and
                          right now! No Joy, 7109.5 is not going to work. There is a VERY strong
                          station on 7110.

                          karl