Re: MT63 Group Activity

  • Russ Tower
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2011
      Russ Tower
      russtower@...
      2011-05-31
      08:52:36

      I have to agree with you Daniel. I've used MT-63 in the past and found it to be perhaps the most robust mode of all, but I prefer the semi-break-in mode like you get using packet and other ARQ capable modes. The best I've found so far that combines full ARQ operation with excellent sensitivity is ALE 400 by Patric Lindecker, F6CTE, in his MultiPSK program.

      Russ - K1DOW
      Arcadia, FL

      re: It's pretty quite here. Doesn't anyone have something to say regarding MT63? I've been using the mode now for about a year but it would be nice to see some discussion regarding this mode. It's very robust, even in the worst band conditions.

      73, Daniel - KA7AGN / DL4VCW / AEM1WF (MARS)

    • Monte L. Simpson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2011
        Daniel,

        I downloaded/installed the program to use with MARS. I think MT63 is
        great, but since I'm new I'm not sure where to find others using the mode.
        There is one thing I could certainly use help from more experienced users
        and that is saving the received text messages. It appears the only way is
        to highlight the text and paste it to another program or text editor.

        73,

        Monte, K2MLS