MT63 Group Activity

  • Vegie.Wolff
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2011
      It's pretty quite here. Doesn't anyone have something to say regarding MT63? I've been using the mode now for about a year but it would be nice to see some discussion regarding this mode. It's very robust, even in the worst band conditions.

      73, Daniel - KA7AGN / DL4VCW / AEM1WF (MARS)
    • Ronald Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2011
        Hi,

        MT63 or Olivia are to very great robust modes. They work great in QRP transmissions.  We had lots of fun with both these modes 5 or 6 years ago on the 80, 40 and 20 meter bands.  But as most things go in ham radio these days.  The popularity seems to have faded along with the bands.

        73

      • Russ Tower
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2011
          Russ Tower
          russtower@...
          2011-05-31
          08:52:36

          I have to agree with you Daniel. I've used MT-63 in the past and found it to be perhaps the most robust mode of all, but I prefer the semi-break-in mode like you get using packet and other ARQ capable modes. The best I've found so far that combines full ARQ operation with excellent sensitivity is ALE 400 by Patric Lindecker, F6CTE, in his MultiPSK program.

          Russ - K1DOW
          Arcadia, FL

          re: It's pretty quite here. Doesn't anyone have something to say regarding MT63? I've been using the mode now for about a year but it would be nice to see some discussion regarding this mode. It's very robust, even in the worst band conditions.

          73, Daniel - KA7AGN / DL4VCW / AEM1WF (MARS)

        • Monte L. Simpson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2011
            Daniel,

            I downloaded/installed the program to use with MARS. I think MT63 is
            great, but since I'm new I'm not sure where to find others using the mode.
            There is one thing I could certainly use help from more experienced users
            and that is saving the received text messages. It appears the only way is
            to highlight the text and paste it to another program or text editor.

            73,

            Monte, K2MLS