Atlantic Division Digital Mode Webinar

  • David Kleber
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2009
      Hello all,

      Harry Bloomberg (W3YJ - Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator for
      Digital Communications, WPA) and I will be the featured guests for the
      January 24th ARRL Atlantic Division webinar. The subject will be NBEMS
      and the Western PA NBEMS groups' experience and adopted modes and
      procedures using the NBEMS software.

      We'll be working with a PowerPoint presentation that I produced that
      covers some of the basics and our adopted modes.

      MT63 plays a huge role in our EmComm plan, both on VHF/UHF and HF.

      I hope you can all join in. Seating is limited and there is no charge
      to participate.

      -Dave, KB3FXI

      Here's the details:

      Atlantic Division Digital Mode Webinar

      Join us for a Webinar on January 24

      Space is limited.
      Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
      https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/764477825

      This presentation will focus on the use of the Narrow Band Emergency
      Messaging System software (NBEMS), most specifically on the main
      application in the software suite named FLDIGI.

      Digital sound card modes (MT63, Domino, Olivia, MFSK16) have been
      utilized for many years now by Amateur Radio for contesting and casual
      conversations. Many of the digital modes in use today are very well
      suited to emergency communications but are very underutilized in this
      respect.

      Here in Western Pennsylvania, we have been experimenting with sound
      card-based digital modes and have also put several of them to
      practical use in drills and public service events with great success.
      We are now working on taking the sound card digital modes to the next
      step for emergency communications by trying to come up with some
      standardized software, software settings and protocols and bringing
      more operators on board.

      We are still in the early stages of testing and development and don't
      claim to have all the answers (and probably never will). But I believe
      that those who have never tested the software and modes that we will
      describe in this presentation will all agree that there is some very
      promising potential for the use of sound card-based digital
      communications in emergency communications if they put a modest amount
      of time in effort into some basic testing and experimentation.

      Title: Atlantic Division Digital Mode Webinar

      Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009

      Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM EST

      After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
      information about joining the Webinar.

      System Requirements
      PC-based attendees
      Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

      Macintosh®-based attendees
      Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer