How to tune in a digital signal

  • Karl Larsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      I really am wondering how many of you have actually tuned in a
      digital signal. It is very simple with almost all the software for the
      digital modes. I seem to prefer PSK31 since that is what I use most on
      14.070 MHz. All day there are people on there and often DX.

      But I used to do a lot of Olivia when it was popular too.

      As for MT63 if your software has display of signal frequency and
      amplitude you can quick know what the signal width is, and if they are
      Q5 and you can work them. The old waterfall which many software use is
      all you need to find out what the other guy is doing. I use fldigi now
      on Linux and it is VERY capable.

      Karl

      --

      Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI