Don't count on anyone putting out a call

  • David Kleber
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
      Hello all,

      I hate seeing MT63 unused on the bands... it's really a great mode.
      Putting out calls is not very productive, although I've raised a few
      folks on 20m.

      Here's a suggestion... make some q's on the common modes like PSK31,
      MFSK16 and Olivia. Ask what software they're using. If they're
      running MixW or NBEMS/FLDIGI, ask the station if they've ever tried
      MT63 1k long. You'll be surprised how many folks have never tried it
      but are willing to give it a shot. If you find some takers under
      decent conditions, they'll be blown away at the speed and accuracy.

      It's good to see so many of the MARS stations running this great mode.
      I think all we have to do is get out there and do a little elmering!
      It's fun to turn people on to a new mode... give it a shot.

      -Dave, KB3FXI
    • Doug Ferrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
        Dave are there any common freqs that MT63 uses? I'm up for a try!

        ...DOUG, KD4MOJ
        30MDG#1076, FH#1125

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2008
          Doug,

          I've had some success on 14.1095 USB and much less success on 7.0905
          USB. Nothing much at all down on 80m that I've seen with the
          exception of a few nets we run here in Western Pennsylvania.

          You can check out our net schedule here:
          http://www.pa-sitrep.com/NBEMS/index.html

          We start usually start up with DominoEX11(FEC) then to 16/500 Olivia.
          To wrap up the net, we send an MT63 1k long bulletin transmission
          then go back to Olivia 16/500 for signal/copy reports.

          All are welcome to join in. Lurkers are welcome, too. If you just
          want to stand by and copy the message, do me a favor and do a cut and
          paste to kb3fxi@....

          -Dave, KB3FXI

          --- In MT63@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Ferrell" <kd4moj-lists@...> wrote:

          > Dave are there any common freqs that MT63 uses? I'm up for a try!
          >
          > ...DOUG, KD4MOJ
          > 30MDG#1076, FH#1125

          Of David