MT63 - successful test in Pittsburgh

  • David Kleber
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hello all,

      I just wanted to drop a quick note to the list to report that we had a
      very successful MT63 digital net here in Western Pennsylvania tonight.

      We set a sked on the W3YJ repeater (443.450 MHz) for 9PM local and had
      8 stations check in - all of whom were sending and receiving MT63
      2k/long data. The copy was 100% across the board with 6 of the 8
      operators running NBEMS/FLDIGI on the air for the first time! It's
      also intereting to note that 2 of the check-ins on the net used audio
      coupling with hand held transceivers... that is, without a direct
      interface, they keyed up their mic's near the computer speaker and
      hit send. Their received data was picked up from their computer's
      built in mic's from the received audio from their radio speakers.

      I think it's safe to say that the word is certainly going to get out
      in our area on NBEMS and I have no doubt that we'll soon have a great
      pool of NBEMS digi ops here in our area running MT63 for local
      emcomm. One of the big selling points with MT63 is you can run the
      mode, reliably, with no direct sound card interface.

      We'll be doing some MT63 1k/long testing on 80m in the weeks to come
      and I'm looking forward to posting the results here.

      -Dave, KB3FXI