Re: [MT63] QSX -- 7090 KHz MT63

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
      I am on 7090 USB listening

      73,
      Mark N5RFX

    • dalite01@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
        I will try on 7090 USB non-inverted

        David

      • dalite01@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
          I will try on 7090.00
          USB
          Non-Inverted
          1000 HZ Bandwidth
          500 HZ Start Frequency
          Long Interleave

          With a slightly Larger Signal.

          Will CQ on higher power .

          David

          At 12:49 PM 12/29/2007, Patricia Elaine Gibbons wrote:

          >OK ... I read over the setup info in the files area ..
          >
          >So it looks like my center-channel should be 7090.750
          >
          >I'll be making robot CQ's on that frequency for a while
          >
          >Elaine

        • Patricia (Elaine) Gibbons
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
            I've set up my MT63 per the MT63 guidelines:
            40 Meter MT-63

            W2TQS (Bert) and W3OQ (Dave) have been running tests on 40 meters for the
            purpose of finding a suitable frequency and sub-mode in order to establish a
            40 meter MT-63 frequency equivalent to 14,109.50. We believe that 500 Hz
            bandwidth with short interleave would be the most acceptable form of MT-63
            for this band. We have used both MIX and IZ8BLY MT-63 software in these
            tests. We were both using TS-570 transceivers. The frequency that we
            settled on is 7090.75, which is vacant all day long and has only
            intermittent adjacent SSB QRM at night (that we have observed). This
            frequency is permissible for digital operation in the band plan.

            Here is the equipment set-up we used for the tests:

            MIX -

            Absolute frequency = 7090.75, USB

            Rig dial setting = 7090.00, USB

            MT-63 mode settings -

            Bandwidth = 500 Hz

            Interleave = Short

            Tx and Rx start frequency = 500

            MIX waterfall flag set to 750

            IZ8BLY -

            Rig dial setting = 7090.00, USB

            Software settings -

            Bandwidth = 500 Hz

            Short interleave

            We encourage like-minded MT-63 enthusiasts to join us using the above set-up
            in order to get some meaningful MT-63 activity on 40 meters, day and night.
            When you call CQ, be sure to leave a time and date stamp and stay tuned to
            the frequency. Others, monitoring the frequency, check it periodically and
            will call you back when they see your recorded CQ. Unlike the other digital
            modes, MT-63 is ideally suited for this channelized activity.

            --
            Patricia (Elaine) Gibbons
            WA6UBE / AAR9JA

            _____

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
              I'm posting spots on the following digital spot page:

              http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

              Elaine

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
                I have seen 2 different signals. 1 was 1KHz and the other 500 Hz

                Still watching, but will stay with the params that Elaine posted.

                David

                I'm posting spots on the following digital spot page:

                http://www.obriensw <http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php>
                eb.com/drsked/drsked.php

                Elaine

                --
                Patricia (Elaine) Gibbons
                WA6UBE / AAR9JA
                <http://www.qrz.com/wa6ube> com/wa6ube

                _____

                > com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=78931/grpspId=1705034690/msgId=3
                694/stime=1198955196/nc1=5008814/nc2=5028928/nc3=4776368>

              • Crownhaven
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
                  As soon as I get my wife's chores done and my interface connected, I
                  will be on MT-63 later this afternoon from Memphis, TN.

                  NNN0QCJ/N4JQQ

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
                    Sorry for hogging the frequency.

                    I heard multiple stations, but it is hard to be sure if Soundcard
                    calibration or fading is the cause of mixed case.

                    In most cases where there are no spaces between received words and the print
                    jumps between upper and lower case, it is an indication that the soundcard
                    needs calibration.

                    If anyone needs the program, I can email it in ..zip form

                    Let it run for 4 to 8 hours until correction factor number stops changing.
                    Insert that number in the soundcard calibration blanks, and it usually makes
                    things go better on MT63.

                    I will be back on frequency in a bit. Need to do some chores around the
                    house.

                    David
                    KD4NUE
                  • F.R. Ashley
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
                      David,

                      I copied you calling CQ earlier but had something wrong and could not xmit.
                      I have been monitoring 7090 and boy what a mess!
                      A SSB contest, 2 guys on RTTY, one on CW, and a "ditter".. I'm giving up
                      for today,

                      73 Buddy WB4M

                      > I heard multiple stations, but it is hard to be sure if Soundcard
                      > calibration or fading is the cause of mixed case.
                      >
                      > In most cases where there are no spaces between received words and the
                      > print
                      > jumps between upper and lower case, it is an indication that the soundcard
                      > needs calibration.
                      >
                      > If anyone needs the program, I can email it in ..zip form
                      >
                      > Let it run for 4 to 8 hours until correction factor number stops changing.
                      > Insert that number in the soundcard calibration blanks, and it usually
                      > makes
                      > things go better on MT63.
                      >
                      > I will be back on frequency in a bit. Need to do some chores around the
                      > house.
                      >
                      > David
                      > KD4NUE

                    • Fred (VE3FAL)
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 12, 2008
                        I am listening and sending CQ as well today.

                        Fred
                        VE3FAL

                        I have seen 2 different signals. 1 was 1KHz and the other 500 Hz

                        Still watching, but will stay with the params that Elaine posted.

                        David

                        > com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=78931/grpspId=1705034690/msgId=3
                        694/stime=1198955196/nc1=5008814/nc2=5028928/nc3=4776368>

                        << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>

                        - The MT63 Reflector -
                        MT63@egroups.com

                        (To unsubscribe. send email to