RE: Re[2]: [MT63] Listening on 40 meters

  • dalite01@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2007
      Nick,

      Thanks for that info. After I sent the reply, I realized who I was
      replying to and felt a little foolish.... Sorry :)

      I use MixW most of the time, and have to work with others that are limited
      to the 500Hz start frequemcy and haven't learned to reverse sideband and
      tune for a signal with a different start frequency.

      I use a Kenwood TS-2000, and haven't had the opportunity to monitor more
      than one MT-63 signal at a time, but see how the 5 KHz visible on the
      waterfall could show multiple 1 KHz wide MT-63 signals. However, I haven't
      found any group of folks using it with the disipline and ability necessary
      to send multiple usable signals within the visible portion of the waterfall.

      I look forward to working some of the folks here on the Ham Bands using MixW
      and MT-63. I would also like to try the Contestia mode. I have used Olivia
      as much as the MT-63 mode, and both have done well. I think that Contestia
      could provide the best of both modes; offering thruput apporaching MT-63 in
      conditions that Olivia would normally be the best mode to use.

      David
      KD4NUE