Request for MT63 stations to send GB2RS

  • Steve Richards
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26 3:15 AM
      Hi to all UK MT63 enthusiasts (apologies to those outside the UK!),

      We're currently looking for MT63 stations to join the GB2RS NEWS team.
      The GB2RS news from the RSGB is transmitted using MT63,
      1kHz bandwidth, long interleave, as follows:

      Every SUNDAY at
      2015 local time on 3600kHz USB
      2045 local time on 1840kHz USB

      The news is emailed to senders as a simple .TXT file which can be 'sent' or 'cut
      and pasted into the transmit window' of any MT63 program.
      So it is a quick job to send the News, which generally lasts about 20 minutes.
      You get to use the GB2RS callsign on air and you do not have to form a check-in
      net afterwards if you do not wish to.

      Depending on the size of the team, you would only need to undertake this
      commitment about once a month and all dates can be negotiated to fit your
      calendar.

      We really want these broadcasts to continue so that we can demonstrate
      what a superb mode MT63 is. But we may have to consider reducing the
      number of transmissions if we are unable to find any new volunteers.

      If you would like to help, please contact me directly at
      steve@...

      Regards,
      Steve G4HPE