Re: [MT63] rsgb MT63 news

  • Steve Richards
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2006
      Hi Chris,

      Glad to oblige!

      The current list of transmissions can be found at
      http://www.rsgb.org.uk/news/gb2rsnews.pdf along with a good deal of useful
      information.
      The MT63 transmission schedule is subject to change only because we don't
      have too many sending stations.
      At the moment, the transmissions which definitely take place every Sunday on
      MT63 are:

      3600.0 kHz at 2015 UK local time
      1840.0 kHz at 2045 UK local time

      Standard is USB, 1kHz bandwidth, long interleave, although sometimes the
      transmitting station will transmit the news a second time straight
      afterwards at 2kHz bandwidth.
      I maintain a rota of readers specifically for the national GB2RS Newsreading
      on 160m, the experimental 5MHz spot frequencies and the data transmissions.
      To find out who will be transmitting each Sunday, go to:
      http://www.g4hpe.piczo.com/

      The MT63 news script for the news transmitting stations is sent around as a
      simple *.txt file each weekend, so it is just a matter of 'sending' that
      file from your MT63 software.

      Regards,
      Steve G4HPE

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2006
        At 11:21 24/9/2006 +0100, you wrote:

        > At the moment, the transmissions which definitely take place
        > every Sunday on MT63 are:
        >
        > 3600.0 kHz at 2015 UK local time

        Well, Steve, tonight forget about it, the stations participating
        in the CQ WW RTTY contest occupy 3570-3610 kHz.

        73 Costas SV1XV
      • alistair davies
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2006
          hi costas /steve

          regarding RTTY contest i have had a good copy of mt63
          news here during previous contest with 1 khz tx but 2
          khz is another matter of course...

          my current antenna 35 - 40 ft short for 3.600 khz BUT
          it would be short for RTTY too .. will be interesting
          to see the outcome .....

          73s alistair gw0vmz

          --- Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...> wrote:

          > At 11:21 24/9/2006 +0100, you wrote:
          >

          > > At the moment, the transmissions which definitely
          > take place
          > > every Sunday on MT63 are:
          > >
          > > 3600.0 kHz at 2015 UK local time
          >
          > Well, Steve, tonight forget about it, the stations
          > participating
          > in the CQ WW RTTY contest occupy 3570-3610 kHz.
          >
          > 73 Costas SV1XV

          best regards alistair gw0vmz

          EMAIL. GW0VMZ@...

          all mail scanned by avg antivirus