MT63 RSGB Trabnsmissions

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2006
      Chris (M0JKA)

      Its a few weeks since I last listened to the transmission but I get a good
      copy here in Bicester, NE of Oxford (grid IO91kw) from the RSGB News
      Bulletin.

      The only freq confirmed by me is:

      3600kHz @ 2015BST on Sundays

      However, some other freqs I have a note of are:

      14109.5kHz @ 2015BST Sundays to USA
      5279kHz @2045BST Sunday (or 5259kHz if 5279kHz is occupied)

      All transmissions in USB.

      I think the transmission used to be 1kHz wide with long-interleave but I'm
      almost certain (memory failing me at 39 years old) I've seen 2kHz used
      occasionally as well.

      There are a couple of HAM's who transmit the bulletin from within the UK on
      Sunday evenings so you should be able to get a strong signal off one of
      them. In fact, I've often heard the UK station 'tuning up' a couple of
      minutes before the scheduled transmission start time, only to hear a lot of
      QRM from HAMs on LSB on 80m, but once the MT63 transmission starts, it seems
      very robust, even though you can hear the occasional splutter from the
      nearby voice QSOs the MT63 text is still perfectly readable.

      Good luck tomorrow evening but you won't need it!!!

      Regards

      Chris (shortwave listener)