Re: Test on 20 m .......

  • Coombe Down
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
      Guys,

      I hate to be picky, but I don't think it's a good idea to run MT63 tests on
      14.061 MHz USB.

      This is firmly in the CW section of the band, and while it might seem quiet
      much of the time
      around there, the users like it that way! This is the area frequented by QRP
      Morse, Hellschreiber
      and other CW modes. The QRP Morse guys in particular get upset by
      wideband/high power
      interference, and I'd rather not have them give digital modes an even worse
      reputation than
      at present!

      MT63 is a wideband high power mode, despite its low throughput, and should
      be operated
      up the other end of the band. In fact, the 2K mode MUST be operated in the
      so-called SSB
      section.

      I would suggest you stick to the MT63 calling frequency - 14.347 Mhz USB.

      Good luck with the interesting tests.

    • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hi Murray !

        Yes, I have understood that the somewhat "wideband" spectrum generated by
        mt63 may not be to everyones liking in the cw portion of the band even if
        the mt63 multicarrier signal really spreads the power over the spectrum and
        consequently causes less interference to narrowband services.
        I guess someone posted 14061 KHz to be used for mt63 because other EVM
        activities ( MTHell, FeldHell ) found a home there.

        However we will move our testing to 14 347.0 KHz as from today.

        I usually call CQ between 1900 - 2100 UTC. Trying both 1k and 2k spreading.
        My receivers are on 24 hours/day logging any acquired signals.

        Best 73's de SM0HP / Rolf

        P.S., Marcus, I looged your 01:57 UTC mt63_1k signal last night !

        D.S.