Copy Received Text with Mouse?

  • k3dxlab
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2006
      The Help suggests that I can select text in the received text window,
      then copy it to another location. How do I do this? The right mouse
      button does not cause a floating EDIT menu to open. Control-V does
      nothing. There is no Edit menu at the top of the window. I can drag
      the mouse cursor through text to select it, but I cannot copy it. I
      need help!

      Thanks,
      Dave - K3DX
    • Kuhns, Arthur G SSG NGCA
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2006
        Dave What MT63 software are you using?
        Art KK6PJ

        Arthur Kuhns
        Calif. Army National Guard
        DPW Supply and Services
        Camp Robert, CA. 93451
        Comm. Ph.: 805-238-8880
        DSN: 949-8880
        Fax: 805-238-8137
        The Help suggests that I can select text in the received text window,
        then copy it to another location. How do I do this? The right mouse
        button does not cause a floating EDIT menu to open. Control-V does
        nothing. There is no Edit menu at the top of the window. I can drag
        the mouse cursor through text to select it, but I cannot copy it. I
        need help!

        Thanks,
        Dave - K3DX

        << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>

        - The MT63 Reflector -
        MT63@egroups.com

        (To unsubscribe. send email to
        MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Kuhns, Arthur G SSG NGCA
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
          Here are three tips for using MT 63 Iz8BLY Ver. 2.0
          Enjoy

          HOW TO SAVE THE MESSAGE YOU RECEIVED WITH THE
          IZ8BLY MT-63 PROGRAM

          1. DO A MOUSE SELECT OF THE MESSAGE.
          a. PLACE MOUSE CURSOR IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF THE
          RECIEVE WINDOW IN THE MT-63 PROGRAM.
          b. WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON, MOVE THE
          MOUSE CURSOR TO THE UPPER LEFT PORTION OF THE RECEIVE WINDOW
          AND RELEASE THE MOUSE BUTTON.
          c. THIS WILL MAKE A CHANGE OF ALL THE TEXT WHERE THERE IS
          A BLACK HIGHLIGHT EFFECT WITH THE TEXT.

          2. PLACE THE SELECTED TEXT INTO BUFFER.
          a. USING YOUR LEFT INDEX FINGER HOLD DOWN THE KEYBOARD KEY
          LABELED "CTRL" (CONTROL).
          b. USING YOUR RIGHT INDEX FINGER, PRESS THE KEY LABELED
          "INSERT" ONCE. (NEXT TO THE KEY LABELED "HOME").
          c. NOTHING SEEMS TO HAVE HAPPENED, BUT THE MESSAGE IS
          IN THE BUFFER (TRUST ME).

          3. PLACE THE BUFFER INTO NOTEPAD.
          a. OPEN THE PROGRAM CALLED "NOTEPAD" (START, ALL PROGRAMS,
          ACCESSORIES, NOTEPAD).
          b. AT THE TOP OF THE NOTEPAD PROGRAM, CLICK "EDIT", MOVE TO
          "PASTE" AND LEFT CLICK. (THE SELECTED TEXT WILL APPEAR).

          4. SAVE THE TEXT IN NOTEPAD
          a. CLICK "FILE", MOVE TO "SAVE AS" AND LEFT CLICK.
          b. TYPE A SUITABLE NAME FOR THE FILE, THEN CLICK "SAVE".

          AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE GROWS YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT
          WAYS TO DO THIS. THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED TO GET YOU STARTED.

          NNN0YEM TIP TWO
          HOW TO SEND A MESSAGE
          USING IZ8BLY MT-63

          THE FIRST REQUIREMENT TO SENDING A PIECE OF TRAFFIC IS TO
          KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE THE MESSAGE STORED, SO IT MAY BE FOUND
          WHEN IT COMES TIME TO SELECT.

          1. WITH YOUR LEFT INDEX FINGER, PRESS THE KEYBOARD BUTTON
          LABELED "F12".
          a. THIS WILL START YOUR RIG TO TRANSMIT.
          b. USING THE MIC GAIN, ADJUST OUTPUT UNTIL THERE IS NO ALC.
          c. THIS ADJUSTMENT PERIOD OF TRANSMITTING ALLOWS THE
          RECEIVING STATIONS TO SYNCRONIZE WITH YOUR SIGNAL.

          2. USE YOUR MOUSE TO SELECT "TRANSMIT" ON THE MT-63 PROGRAM,
          MOVE TO "SEND TEXT FILE..." AND LEFT CLICK WITH THE MOUSE.
          a. THE POP-UP BOX WILL LET YOU SELECT THE LOCATION WHERE
          YOU HAVE THE MESSAGE STORED.
          b. LEFT CLICK THE MESSAGE AND CLICK THE "OPEN" BUTTON.
          c. THE BUFFER AT THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE MT-63 PROGRAM
          WILL BEGIN TO COUNT DOWN, AS THE MESSAGE IS BEING TRANSMITTED.
          d. WHEN THE COUNT DOWN REACHES ZERO, SAY "ONE, TWO, THREE."
          THEN USING YOUR RIGHT INDEX FINGER, PRESS THE KEYBOARD BUTTON
          LABELED "F12".
          e. WHEN THE BUFFER FLUSHES, THE RIG WILL STOP TRANSMITTING,
          AND YOU CAN CONTACT THE RECEIVING STATION FOR "RODGER, FILL,
          OR RESEND".

          AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE GROWS YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT
          WAYS TO DO THIS. THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED TO GET YOU STARTED.

          NNN0YEM TIP THREE
          HOW TO VERIFY YOUR VFO READ-OUT IS CORRECT
          USING IZ8BLY MT-63

          1. TUNE YOUR RADIO TO WWV (2500, 5000, 10000, 15000KHZ).
          a. START THE IZ8BLY MT-63 PROGRAM.
          b. USE THE USB MODE.
          c. YOU SHOULD SEE A BLACK LINE IN THE WATERFALL, WHILE
          THE BEAT TONE IS RECEIVED.
          d. CHANGE TO THE LSB MODE.
          e. THE BLACK LINE WILL NOT CHANGE POSITION IF YOUR RADIO
          VFO IS EXACT.
          f. SWITCH BETWEEN USB AND LSB SEVERAL TIMES TO VERIFY.
          g. DO ITEMS a THROUGH f FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE FREQUENCIES.

          2. IF THE BLACK LINE SHIFTS WHEN SWITCHING BETWEEN
          USB AND LSB.
          a. TUNE YOUR VFO 10HZ (.01KC) UP OR DOWN UNTIL THE BLACK
          LINE SHIFT IS MINIMAL WHEN SWITCHING BETWEEN USB AND LSB.
          b. NOTE THE AMOUNT OF VFO ERROR (IF ANY) AND TUNE THAT
          AMOUNT OF ERROR WHEN TUNING NET FREQUENCIES TO BE CORRECT.

          3. IF YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL TO ADJUST YOUR
          OSCILLATOR, YOU CAN VERIFY YOUR WORK WITH THE ABOVE GUIDE.

          AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE GROWS YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT
          WAYS TO DO THIS. THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED TO GET YOU STARTED.
          *EOT*
          wE=9pwey~
          *DE NNN0YEM*

          FREE SOFTWARE AT: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/aporcino IZ8BLY
          IZ8BLY PROGRAM.

          Arthur Kuhns
          Calif. Army National Guard
          DPW Supply and Services
          Camp Robert, CA. 93451
          Comm. Ph.: 805-238-8880
          DSN: 949-8880
          Fax: 805-238-8137

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
            This is a reason I still use Linux. I use the software called gMFSK
            and every character I receive is kept in a file. I can just open the
            file to the end with 'more' and then with my mouse select the part I
            want to save by painting it. Then if I want it right now I just wait
            until the time for it and put it in the transmit side of gMFSK. If you
            need to save it for some reason just open a file with your editor, mine
            is 'joe', and put the writing in the file and save it. As a general case
            you want to save it for 30 minutes.

            --
            Karl Larsen, aka K5DI
            Linux user since 1994