RE: Test on 20 m .......

  • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
      Hi Marcus !

      Saw your signals captured on the terminal screen again this morning.

      Amazing first of all that anything arrives here in the far northern region
      at that time of the morning ( it is 3 AM our time if you transmit at 2300 PM
      ). The ionosphere is probably not very propagation friendly during the early
      morning hours.
      It is even more amazing when you consider your power and antenna ! The
      MT63-concept of spreading a low speed message over a fairly wide bandwidth
      seems to work !

      Now you could whish that someone will design a more MT63-adapted user
      interface. I guess that you also use the Terminal ( Windows Accessory )
      after first starting ( via Peters Loadevm ? ) the MT63-code.

      So, about scheds, I will add the transmit time to my signals in the future
      and further try to automate transmission as to form a beacon kind of
      activity.

      Must run Marcus, but will be on tonight at around 1900 GMT ( UTC ).

      73's de Rolf/ SM0HP

      ashion.
      whith its lAs this mode gets more attention in the ham community, can hope
      that the user inteface

    • Coombe Down
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
        Guys,

        I hate to be picky, but I don't think it's a good idea to run MT63 tests on
        14.061 MHz USB.

        This is firmly in the CW section of the band, and while it might seem quiet
        much of the time
        around there, the users like it that way! This is the area frequented by QRP
        Morse, Hellschreiber
        and other CW modes. The QRP Morse guys in particular get upset by
        wideband/high power
        interference, and I'd rather not have them give digital modes an even worse
        reputation than
        at present!

        MT63 is a wideband high power mode, despite its low throughput, and should
        be operated
        up the other end of the band. In fact, the 2K mode MUST be operated in the
        so-called SSB
        section.

        I would suggest you stick to the MT63 calling frequency - 14.347 Mhz USB.

        Good luck with the interesting tests.

      • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
          Hi Murray !

          Yes, I have understood that the somewhat "wideband" spectrum generated by
          mt63 may not be to everyones liking in the cw portion of the band even if
          the mt63 multicarrier signal really spreads the power over the spectrum and
          consequently causes less interference to narrowband services.
          I guess someone posted 14061 KHz to be used for mt63 because other EVM
          activities ( MTHell, FeldHell ) found a home there.

          However we will move our testing to 14 347.0 KHz as from today.

          I usually call CQ between 1900 - 2100 UTC. Trying both 1k and 2k spreading.
          My receivers are on 24 hours/day logging any acquired signals.

          Best 73's de SM0HP / Rolf

          P.S., Marcus, I looged your 01:57 UTC mt63_1k signal last night !

          D.S.